The master's degree in people management in the workplace is a master's in management different, where the achievement of organizational objectives and the well-being of people in employment are reconciled. It aims at a better understanding of the organizational issues, of the complexity of the people, but also a better knowledge of oneself.
The Masters in People Management in the Workplace focuses on developing the ability to analyze, synthesize and critically examine organizational practices in the management of people in the workplace. It has the particularity of considering the complexity of the human dimension of organizations and the relationship between the organizational objectives and those of the individuals and groups that compose them. It also aims to provide a comprehensive conceptual framework on the management of people in the workplace and to familiarize students with appropriate methodologies for research on people management in the workplace.
The master's degree enables the development of skills to effectively reach people by implementing management practices that promote better integration between organizational objectives and the needs of individuals and groups.
Specifically, the Masters Program in People Management in the Workplace aims to:
- The acquisition of knowledge and skills specific to the development of professional competence in people management in an organizational environment;
- The training of managers and professionals in the problem of managing the human dimension of organizations through a global vision of the problems of work and the place of people in organizations and the contribution of theoretical and practical content;
- The acquisition of theoretical knowledge and skills specific to personal development in a context of management in the workplace;
- The development of professional judgment in an organizational environment;
- The development of analytical and synthesis skills, while promoting the relevant links between professional experience and scientific knowledge related to the field of people management in the workplace;
- Critical assessment of organizational practices for managing people in the workplace.
The research component aims to provide a comprehensive conceptual framework on people management in the workplace and to familiarize students with the appropriate methodologies for research on people management in the workplace.
The completion of a 21-credit dissertation allows to deepen the knowledge on a particular subject related to the problematic of the human dimension of the management while controlling the main stages of the scientific approach of research in social sciences.
rawpixel.com / Pexels
Get to know each other better, get to know people better and get to know organizations better to better manage
The Masters in People Management equips students to meet contemporary organizational challenges. The current issues of people management are analyzed in order to support current and future managers in solving today's organizational problems.
The training is also an opportunity to develop a wide range of skills, particularly in terms of well-being. It is for students to improve their organizational intervention skills. It is by combining theory, practice and self-reflection that the master's degree in people management in the workplace trains managers and professionals of high caliber.
The challenges of intergenerational and intercultural relations, the work climate, mobilization, health at work, attracting and retaining staff, coaching are all subjects that are deepened by this program.
Two paths to meet the professional needs of candidates
Master's degree in people management in the workplace, professional path (with test)
This path is focused on the development of knowledge and key skills in people management. It aims to train future managers for employee management. It is therefore a specialization relating to the human factor in the company.
Topics include mobilization, motivation, conflict management, ethics, team building, leadership, multi-generational management, workplace health, attraction and retention of staff etc.
The student needs to deepen his or her knowledge on a particular topic as part of writing a 12-credit essay that can take one of three forms:
- Workplace intervention
- A critical review of the writings
- Research work
Master's degree in people management in the workplace, research path (with memory)
While providing the knowledge and key skills in people management, this journey familiarizes students with research methodologies in this area.
It allows to carry out a research project (memory of 21 credits) to deepen its knowledge on a particular subject related to the problem of the human dimension of management.
This path also helps to develop the skills required to pursue doctoral studies.
The opportunity to acquire expertise applicable to a wide variety of organizational contexts
Graduate programs in people management in the workplace provide expertise applicable to a wide variety of organizational contexts and in the case of the master's degree, conduct research in this area.
The positions of managers, intermediate and senior, in the public or private sector, are accessible to graduates of this field. Possible opportunities include managerial, consulting, team leader, consultant, organizational development advisor, human resources advisor, and more.
Programs to deepen one's knowledge, to discover management tools and to increase relational skills
Training to deepen one's knowledge of management practices
Programs in People Management in the Workplace allow:
- develop an in-depth understanding of recent theories and analytical models to fully understand the complexity, issues and effects of current and emerging management practices on people;
- Gain a global vision and critical thinking about the conditions for success and limitations of various people management strategies and work teams, and the challenges of balancing people's interests with organizational goals ;
- to master the strategies and methods of anticipating and analyzing the risks to which organizations are exposed.
Trainings to discover new management tools
Programs in People Management in the Workplace allow:
- develop skills to effectively use approaches and intervention tools for individuals and groups by promoting the search for greater autonomy in adapting people to change;
- increase its capacity to provide the necessary support for a more harmonious functioning of people and teams in the workplace;
- develop skills in coaching and coaching individuals and groups, encouraging the emergence of collective and mobilizing projects.
- improve its ability to diagnose and intervene in interpersonal and intergroup conflict situations and develop negotiation skills;
- develop the ability to introduce and manage changes in a workgroup or organization.
Activities to increase your relationship skills in the workplace
The courses in people management in the workplace allow:
- develop skills to acquire a better knowledge of oneself, of one's values and rules of life in the work context;
- strengthen their ability to explore new behaviors in their professional life, to identify their needs and to negotiate their satisfaction in harmony with others;
- increase their ability to use their emotions intelligently at work while respecting others;
- develop their ability to grasp ethical issues in work situations and to behave ethically in their professional life.
Application for admission
Step 1: Admission Requirements
- Choose the admission quarter.
- Choose the place of instruction.
- Check the conditions of admission and quota.
- Check the requirements for fluency in French.
- Find a research director, if necessary.
- Respect the deadlines for submission of admission applications.
Step 2: Filing the application
- Complete the application for admission.
- Provide the necessary documents to process the application for admission.
- Pay the admission fee.
Step 3: Demand Tracking
- Receive the decision on the application for admission.
- Register for classes.
Step 1: Choose your training
- Choice of study program and campus.
- Equivalence of diplomas and admission requirements.
- Requirements for fluency in French.
- Research Directorate, if necessary (research-type graduate programs).
Step 2: Check your financial capacity
Foreign students must ensure, before leaving their country of origin, to have the necessary financial resources to cover all the expenses of study and stay.
Step 3: Submit your application
- Application for admission online.
It is important to send all the required documents for the analysis of the application for admission as soon as possible. The Office of the Registrar of UQAR will not be able to process the application for admission without them.
Step 4: Obtain legal permissions to study in Canada
Foreign students admitted to a study program or exchange program for a period of more than 6 months must obtain the residence permit below.
Students admitted to a program lasting less than six months (a one-term program) are exempt from the CAQ and study permit. However, depending on the nationality of the candidate, a visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) may be required to stay in Canada.
Applications for authorization are the responsibility of the candidate. UQAR can not intervene in this process, which is the exclusive responsibility of the ministries concerned.
Students must ensure that they have a valid passport when applying for a residence permit.
If student residence permits are not obtained in time for back to school, contact a foreign student advisor to evaluate options.
Step 5: Prepare to arrive in Canada
- Health insurance and hospitalization.
- Foreign Student Matching Program.
- Reservation of accommodation.
- Plan your itinerary to Rimouski or Lévis.
- Head to UQAR .
About the School
L'UQAR, une université d'excellence en recherche! Riche de la diversité de ses expertises de calibre international, l’UQAR se démarque parmi les meilleures universités en recherche au Canada. La comp ... Read More