The Master of Science in Mechanics of Materials and Structures (MMS) is an official Master’s degree of the European Higher Education Area. The master MMS is aimed at students who wish to develop their knowledge and skills regarding the mechanical behaviour of materials and structures.
The MMS Masters provides the student with the necessary skills to atake up leading roles in analysis, design, research, and development of structures with applicability in a variety of sectors (aerospace, building, race sport, marine, sports goods, civil, mechanical or wind turbine engineering). The MMS master’s classes are performed by teachers with high international recognition in scientific research and technology transfer to the industry.
The objective of this master’s programme is to link current knowledge of theories of the behaviour of materials with the most innovative techniques in structural engineering. The proposed syllabus places special emphasis on computational techniques, materials mechanics, advanced structural design and experimental techniques.
Basic Module 36
- The finite element method in structural mechanics 6
- Solid mechanics 6
- Fracture mechanics 6
- Pre and post-process tools for structural finite element analyses 6
- Applied mechanics of materials and structures 6
- Seminar on mechanics of materials and structures 6
Specific Module (four subjects to choose from) 12
- Design and analysis of composites with finite elements 3
- Manufacturing and experimental techniques for composites 3
- Advanced structural analysis 3
- Optimisation in engineering mechanics 3
- Structural dynamics 3
- Advanced constitutive modelling 3
- Advanced concrete design 3
- Mechanical design with finite elements 3
Practicum Module 12
Research thesis 12
What do you achieve?
This school offers programs in:
Last updated August 1, 2018