Recommended for recent graduates with a strong quantitative background, the program gives students the opportunity to boost their knowledge by developing further functional and soft skills by consolidating theory with applied practice.
Successful candidates for the program frequently go on to enjoy successful careers as bankers, business analysts, HR managers or Marketing Executive, to name just a few of the job opportunities afforded by the program.
Amongst the qualities sought in candidates:
- A variety of academic backgrounds, from Economics, Management and Civil Engineering to Communications, Psychology, and Sociology.
- Students who are dynamic, open-minded, and who thrive on putting new ideas into practice.
- The ability to collaborate with a diverse, enthusiastic and questioning peer group.
- A willingness to work hard.
- The typical Nova SBE Masters in Management student cohort is eclectic and cosmopolitan, which adds to the challenging and enriching nature of the learning environment and the school as a whole.
- Human Resources
- Applied Corporate Finance
- Applied Entrepreneurship
- Big Data Analysis
- Brand Management
- Change and Process Management
- Competition Policy
- Consumer and Managerial Decision Making
- Consumer Behavior
- Corporate Governance
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Corporate Strategy
- Corporate Taxation
- Creating and Managing Entrepreneurial Ventures
- Cross-Cultural Issues for Marketing
- Customer Relationship Management
- Digital Marketing
- Distribution Channels
- Economics of Education
- Economics of Health and Health Care
- Entrepreneurial Finance & Venture Capital
- Family Business
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Futures and Options
- Global Business Challenges
- Global Human Resource Management
- Global Supply Chain Management
- Integrated Marketing Communications
- International Business
- International Taxation
- Leadership and Change Management
- Luxury and Fashion Marketing
- Management Control Systems
- Management of Non-Profit Organizations
- Management Seminar
- Managerial Accounting
- Marketing Research
- Mergers, Acquisitions, and Restructuring
- Modeling Business Decisions
- Negotiation Analysis
- New Product Development
- Operations Management
- Organisational Theory and Design
- Organization and Incentives
- Persuasion and Negotiation
- Positive Organizations
- Poverty: Concepts and Challenges
- Pricing Strategies
- Private Equity
- Project Management
- Quality Management
- Research Methods for Business
- Sales Forces Management & Retailing
- Small Business Management
- Social Entrepreneurship
- Sustainable International Business
- Venture Simulation
Language of instruction
The Masters in Management is delivered entirely in English, including exams, class work, support materials and Work Projects.
Students pursuing the International Masters in Management should be fluent in two languages (including mother tongue) and functional in a third (min. A2).
Students must complete a Masters Work Project, which is equivalent to a Masters Thesis. This can be developed in the following ways:
- Directed Research: an original piece of work on a topic proposed and supervised by a professor. This may also take the form of a case study.
- Field Labs: students undertake specific projects that replicate real-life working environments in a controlled setting and with the support of an experienced instructor.
- Internship: an internship where students develop a project in a problem-solving format for a company, in response to a pre-defined question/problem raised by the host organization and under the supervision of a Nova faculty member. Students may apply for internships offered by Nova or obtain one directly from a company via their own contacts.
The first steps towards a global career
Nova SBE Masters students enter with career aspirations and emerge with a career trajectory, supported all along the way by the school. To assist them in this process, Nova proposes the “Mastering Your Career” career development program, which helps students set professional and personal goals, acquire the skills to attain them and benefit from the network and brand recognition of Nova SBE in the marketplace.
- Consulting & Auditing
- Consumer Goods
- Energy & Utilities
- Pharmaceutical & Healthcare
- Retail Distribution
Most popular jobs
- Business Development
- Operations and Logistics
- Academic Background: Candidates from any Bachelor program. Candidates with limited quantitative skills may need to complete bridging courses in August.
- Languages: Candidates are encouraged to provide evidence of English language proficiency at level B2. No knowledge of Portuguese is required.
- Professional Experience: Professional experience is NOT a requirement to be admitted. Candidates with more than 2 years of professional experience should consider applying for an MBA.
- Age: Under 26 years old.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated May 2, 2018