The study program is designed to meet the versatile learning needs of businessperson and to address managerial issues relevant to doing business, also incorporating the necessary basics of business. The program concentrates on more detailed aspects of international economics, marketing, management, and finance. Degree requirements have been designed to provide practical knowledge and training for future business executives. This master program is an international study program executed by the University of Latvia in cooperation with foreign teaching staff. After the graduation, it is possible to take doctoral studies.
Study period and classes time
The full – time degree program covers two academic years. Classes are 2-4 days per week: in the evenings of working days from 6.15pm till 9.30pm and on Saturdays from 8.30am till 20.05pm.
The program is oriented towards the preparation of higher-level managers in any sphere of activity, and all the necessary preconditions for a successful career in international business are created for anyone who has successfully completed the program. The program has been developed in co-operation with several foreign partner universities that have experience in the implementation of similar professional Master study programs.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or a diploma proving equivalent level of education from an institution of higher education in Economics, Business Administration, or in other Social Sciences or related sciences: Mathematics, Computer Sciences, Information Technology, Physics or Engineering;
- English language proficiency.
- At least two years of professional experience in business or economics (detailed description of your professional activity must be included in your CV);
- Pass of entrance examination in International Economics, which is being held via Skype video teleconference.
All applicants will be required to pass an entrance examination in International Economics. Applicants without documents confirming the English language proficiency will be invited for an interview. The decision on enrolment will be made by the Commission on the basis of the entrance examination results.
The entrance examination is being held via Skype video teleconference and covers the following topics:
- International trade theory
- International trade policy;
- International trade organizations;
- International monetary system;
- International mobility of production factors;
- International economic integration;
- Globalization and integration influence on the national economy.
Academic literature on International economics from authors such as Krugman, Salvatore, Samuelson etc. is recommended to prepare for the examination.
The examination consists of two parts. The first part is the true/false question session, where the applicant has to answer whether the statement provided by the examiner is correct or not. Questions cover the topics given previously above. The aim of this part is to evaluate applicants knowledge in theory of International economic relations. The maximum score for this part is 600.
In the second part applicant states the reasons and motivation, why he/she desires to participate in the master degree program, the maximum score for this part are 400. Logistic and clear thoughtful sentences, wide word-stock, skillfully used economic terminology will be considered as an advantage.
Spring Intake (application start: 13 Sept 2017; studies start in Feb 2018)
Autumn Intake (application start: 1 Jan 2018; studies start in Sept 2018)
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 8, 2018