Master's in Digital Publishing
The Master's in Digital Publishing (60 ECTS) is obtained by completing two postgraduate degrees, for 30 ECTS each. These postgraduate degrees may be completed in the same academic year, or in different years. All postgraduate courses that are part of a master's degree can be taken independently.
New digital technologies in editorial design represent a big change for the professional designer. This digital reality affects both the concept and creative process, and the production and dissemination of editorial works. Traditional textbooks and periodicals are transformed and evolve a new digital dimension requiring re-think old concepts and learn new working methods and technologies. Publishing, professional, Designer cannot ignore these changes. The publishing industry needs more than ever to professional designers in this transition to the new technologies in constant growth.
The creative designer must have a dynamic and open attitude towards new technologies. This postgraduate course provides an opportunity to publishing, professional, designer to go along with the big publishing houses by new digital technologies.
This postgraduate course is organised in 10 modules and is completed upon handing in the Final Project.
- Module I - Publishing
- Module II - Creation of interactive digital magazines. DPS
- Module III - Core project of digital magazine creation
- Module IV - Typography applied to digital publishing design
- Module V - Criticism and analysis of the briefing for Digital Publishing
- Module VI - Information architecture and graphic synthesis in digital publications
- Module VII - Usability in digital publications
- Module VIII - Complementation to create digital publications
- Module IX - Distribution and sales in the App Store and the Android Market
- Module X - Business models, interactive advertising and branded apps
Edit: 3th Edition
Qualification: Postgraduate Degree in Digital Editions accredited by the Universidad de Vic-UCC. Students without university degrees will receive a University Extension Studies Diploma.
Credits: 30 ECTS
School period: From October 19th 2015 to May 2016. Final Project Presentation: June 2016
Timetable: Mondays and Wednesdays from 19h to 22h
Master's price: 6600 €
Access: Graduates. Undergraduate degrees in Fine Arts and Design, and those related to the following professional categories: interior design, graphic design, industrial design and arts applied to clothing. Professionals from the sector without specific training but who can demonstrate professional expertise. Applicants will undergo a selection process for acceptance on the course.
Observations: Intensive Spanish course for foreign students willing to apply to the Master degree (optional course). From Sept. 10th to October, 2nd; from Monday to Friday (4h/day) – 395€.
This school offers programs in: