In Collaboration with CKM
- Be creative within an industry framework.
- Research, tradition and innovation are the key points of this educational course.
- Each student will have the opportunity to learn about and work with the latest industrial tools, experiencing first-hand the challenges of a professional knitwear designer.
The course will be taught both in Italian and English and classes will be held at Accademia Costume & Moda as well as at MISS DEANNA’s historic headquarters in the town of SAN MARTINO IN RIO (Reggio Emilia).
The tailor made course comprises of on-site lessons with the main tutors, while the visiting and special projects tutors will be on hand to help to support students with their personal projects and to guide their progress towards personal and professional growth. The course places great emphasis on collaborations with prestigious partner companies, these are a crucial element of the course. Therefore, students will be required to take part in external visits to these facilities in order to become familiar with and learn about the most technologically advanced knitwear manufacturing processes.
- To develop personal knowledge and creative skills within the fashion knitwear subject.
- To follow the development a comprehensive knitwear project from concept to raw materials production and garment manufacturing, from start to finish.
- To respond to the individual need of each student with the aim of locating a personal style.
- To foster collaboration between students and knitwear experts as well as
- fashion designers.
- To equip students with the relevant tools necessary for a professional career in the international fashion industry.
- Study of fibers and design new yarns within the studio space as well as off-site at various lab facilities.
- Experiment and practice using hand and power knitting machines, learning how to explore and develop new materials as well as establishing their own design identity.
- Analyse and experiment with specific shapes, volumes and the wearability of knitwear. Iconic Fashion Knitwear & History.
- Explore in-depth new embroidery techniques and experiment with printing, dyeing and finishing techniques with the support and collaboration of highly qualified knitwear and lab technicians lab in the sector.
- Master the relationship between research, inspiration, concept development and practice.
- Design a small capsule collection with the help and support of both leading and visiting tutors.
- Discuss and critically reflect on their personal collection project, in a constructive manner, with some of the world’s most prestigious knitwear designers.
- Participate in the manufacturing process of the most significant pieces within their capsule collection (up to 10 pieces each).
- Directly collaborate with highly renowned Italian knitwear companies and gain first-hand experience of the various phases and issues involved in the production process.
- Marketing & Project management including portfolio building, branding, styling, photo-shooting for editorial and lookbook.
- Present their final projects to the press and fashion community.
Admission is limited to a small number of students.
The course duration is one academic year and attendance is mandatory on this full-time course. However to be accepted at the final assessments students must have at least 80% proven attendance.
The Executive Committee of the Master’s in CKD will evaluate and select CVs and portfolios and interview candidates. Course participants must be in possession of a relevant degree in Fashion Design from either an Italian institution (a 3 year degree minimum requirement) or an international University or College (Bachelor’s Degree). We also welcome applications from candidates who have at least three years of relevant work experience in the Design and Creative Department of a Fashion House, or similar background, and those who are experienced in collection designing. Such candidates will not be awarded a 1-level Master’s degree but will receive a certificate of participation in the Master’s course.
Candidates also have free access to the school’s extensive archive and library.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated November 10, 2018