The master's degree in computer science helps to develop advanced skills in cutting-edge computer science sectors. In particular, the program deepens its knowledge in order to propose solutions to complex specific problems in a constantly evolving field.
The general objective of UQAC's computer science master's program is to develop advanced student skills in advanced computer science sectors.
The research profile aims to acquire a specialization in a field of computer science. It allows the student:
- develop, deepen and increase your computer skills;
- to learn about the research process;
- to develop its capacity to propose solutions to problems specific to the field of computing;
- to develop its analytical and synthesis capabilities;
- develop skills in communication and knowledge dissemination.
The master's program in computer science thus enables the student to develop research skills by focusing on a particular field while preparing him for postgraduate studies or the job market.
hitesh choudhary / Pexels
Pathways and target audiences
Master's degree in computer science, professional profile
The master's degree in computer science, professional profile is all indicated:
- for professionals in the labor market who wish to acquire specialized skills in order to remain competitive in a field where the extremely rapid evolution of technologies requires the continuous adaptation of skills;
- for students newly graduated from a Bachelor's degree in computer science, to promote their integration into the job market.
Students of the master's degree in computer science, professional profile have the opportunity to develop project management skills (up to 9 credits), a major asset on the job market.
Master's degree in computer science, research profile
The master's degree in computer science, research profile aims to acquire a specialization in a specific field of computer science. It allows to deepen one's knowledge and to initiate oneself to the research by integrating with the research and R & D programming put forward by the professors of UQAR , in collaboration with the medium of the technologies of information and communications (ICT).
This path also helps to develop the skills required to pursue doctoral studies.
The omnipresence and rapid and constant evolution of information technology and information technology and the increase of their use in all sectors of activity lead to a growth of research opportunities in these fields.
The current technological context generates glaring needs for development and computer innovation in the scientific, economic and organizational environments of the region that rely on computer science graduates.
Application for admission
Step 1: Admission Requirements
- Choose the admission quarter.
- Choose the place of instruction.
- Check the conditions of admission and quota.
- Check the requirements for fluency in French.
- Find a research director, if necessary.
- Respect the deadlines for submission of admission applications.
Step 2: Filing the application
- Complete the application for admission.
- Provide the necessary documents to process the application for admission.
- Pay the admission fee.
Step 3: Demand Tracking
- Receive the decision on the application for admission.
- Register for classes.
Step 1: Choose your training
- Choice of study program and campus.
- Equivalence of diplomas and admission requirements.
- Requirements for fluency in French.
- Research Directorate, if necessary (research-type graduate programs).
Step 2: Check your financial capacity
Foreign students must ensure, before leaving their country of origin, to have the necessary financial resources to cover all the expenses of study and stay.
Step 3: Submit your application
- Application for admission online.
It is important to send all the required documents for the analysis of the application for admission as soon as possible. The Office of the Registrar of UQAR will not be able to process the application for admission without them.
Step 4: Obtain legal permissions to study in Canada
Foreign students admitted to a study program or exchange program for a period of more than 6 months must obtain the residence permit below.
Students admitted to a program lasting less than six months (a one-term program) are exempt from the CAQ and study permit. However, depending on the nationality of the candidate, a visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) may be required to stay in Canada.
Applications for authorization are the responsibility of the candidate. UQAR can not intervene in this process, which is the exclusive responsibility of the ministries concerned.
Students must ensure that they have a valid passport when applying for a residence permit.
If student residence permits are not obtained in time for back to school, contact a foreign student advisor to evaluate options.
Step 5: Prepare to arrive in Canada
- Health insurance and hospitalization.
- Foreign Student Matching Program.
- Reservation of accommodation.
- Plan your itinerary to Rimouski or Lévis.
- Head to UQAR .
About the School
L'UQAR, une université d'excellence en recherche! Riche de la diversité de ses expertises de calibre international, l’UQAR se démarque parmi les meilleures universités en recherche au Canada. La comp ... Read More