Master's in Business Creation and Management
The Master’s program in Business Creation and Management is offered in Colombia through an academic agreement between Universidad EAN and Universidad Antonio de Nebrija (Spain). The program is headed at Universidad Antonio de Nebrija by the School of Postgraduate Studies, with the participation of the Confederación Iberoamericana de Jóvenes Empresarios (CIJE). At Universidad EAN, the program is offered jointly through the Faculty of Postgraduate Studies and the Faculty of Distance Education and in collaboration with Red de Jóvenes Empresarios Exportadores de Colombia (REDEXPO). The program aims to create managers and Colombian, Spanish and Latin American business people in general, in order to help businesses realize their full potential and in so doing, sustain the economic growth of both the business and the country’s economy in upcoming years.
In addition to the contribution of prestigious universities in Spain and Latin America, the students will receive unique schooling, supported by the intensive participation by each University as well as continuous monitoring from Universidad EAN (Colombia) and Universidad Antonio de Nebrija (Spain), where the final phase of the program takes place. The program will see successful international business people sharing their experiences with students through face to face and virtual conferences.
This program marks the result of more than 41 years of work in research projects in the area of entrepreneurship and the creation of professional entrepreneurs by Universidad EAN. At Universidad Antonio de Nebrija, the program is a part of a group of activities oriented towards the development of the entrepreneurial spirit, some of which are supported by the Cátedra Nebrija – BBVA for the creation of entrepreneurs.
Competences of the graduates
- Identify business opportunities in their area of business.
- Analyze, diagnose and resolve problems which affect the creation of businesses.
- Design and manage appropriate strategies for business creation and management.
- Find solutions to business problems, bearing in mind new developments in the sector and the requirements of an increasingly globalized world.
- Lead groups on processes related to business creation and management.
- Use knowledge collaboration networks between businesses and business people in order to make use of possible opportunities and achieve organizational efficiency.
- Direct the strategic functional and cultural management of the organization, applying the relevant competencies, skills, and knowledge.
- Analyze the unique characteristics of family businesses and the management tools required for their development.
The first phase of the program, which consists of four courses, is done face to face in the facilities of Universidad EAN (Bogotá, Colombia) through academic sessions on weekends.
The second phase is carried out with intensive use of information and communication technology by means of the virtual campus. During this phase, teachers from both Universidad Antonio de Nebrija and Universidad EAN conduct face to face sessions for each course. This phase also includes seminars and conferences related to the most important topics of the Master’s program. Face to face sessions are done one Saturday in each month.
The third phase takes place at Universidad Antonio de Nebrija (Madrid, Spain). In the month prior to the start of the third phase, students are given exercises, case studies, readings and other learning material so as to sufficiently prepare themselves for the different topics that will be covered upon arrival in Madrid. The three weeks of Phase III includes talks and seminars with some of the most successful business people from different sectors.