AtoSiM is a two-year Physics or Chemistry Masters degree focused on computer modeling of physical, chemical and biomolecular systems.
AtoSiM is operated jointly by:
- Ecole normale supérieure de Lyon, France
- Universiteit van Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Università degli studi di Roma, "la Sapienza", Italy
This two-year degree provides a high-level qualification in the rapidly expanding field of computer modeling in physical, chemical and biomolecular sciences. This highly integrated Course covers a full range of techniques: from quantum mechanical atomistic descriptions to coarse-grained mesoscopic models. Particular fields of application include condensed matter and statistical physics, chemistry, physical chemistry, materials science and theoretical bio-molecular science.
The study program is divided into four parts. All students follow courses first in Amsterdam, then in Rome, and finally in Lyon to obtain a triple diploma. The fourth semester is devoted to research in laboratories either in Amsterdam, Rome, Lyon or one of our 21 additional partners.
Students obtain a triple degree. Admission into the master degree is decided on the basis of academic excellence by a selection committee composed of representatives from each partner institution. Applicants should have at least three years of prior studies majoring in physics, chemistry, engineering, applied mathematics or bio-informatics. Proof of English proficiency is also required.
Who can apply?
- an excellent university record.
- at least 3 years of prior studies.
- major in one of the following fields: Physics, Chemistry, Engineering, Applied Maths, Bioinformatics.
- Master de Sciences de la Matière, within the track « Physique, Chimie et Méthodes Numériques » for ENS-Lyon & UCB Lyon 1;
- Master in Chemistry (track Molecular Simulation and Photonics) for Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam or University of Amsterdam or Master in Physics for University of Amsterdam;
- Master in Physics (Laurea Magistrale) for University La Sapienza of Rome.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 10, 2018