Why Masters in Accounting @ ISEG Lisbon?
- Highly qualified faculty with PhDs from world-class universities (Harvard Business School, Tilburg University, Imperial College) and extensive professional experience in the industry.
- Uses a mix of instructional methods, from case studies, group projects, role-playing, and individual research which creates a dynamic learning environment.
- Benefits from partnerships with the BIG4, which provides students access to experts in the field in real-life cases.
- A one-year full-time program (plus one semester for the master’s project, dissertation, or internship) preparing students to stand out in a competitive marketplace.
- Can give students the opportunity to become certified accountants.
- Provides students with the mind-set for an international career in accounting.
The general objectives of the Master's degree in accounting are as follows:
- Development of technical accounting knowledge.
- Development of skills in the selection and processing of information, analysis of alternative courses of action and decision making.
- Development of critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Development of key personal skills for working life.
- Development of competences at the level of conducting a research project or applied/final master’s work.
- Development of a contact network relevant to the students' professional career.
International/national students with a degree of higher education in a national or foreign institution in the areas of Management, Economics, Finance, Accounting, Mathematics Applied to Economics and Management, Public Administration, or other relevant to the study cycle.
This knowledge is critical to accessing certain job market functions that the Masters seeks to address.
Examples of such roles are chief financial officers, auditors, controllers, accountants, and management/accounting consultants:
- Development of technical knowledge that will prepare students to take exams at the Order of Certified Accountants and the Order of Certified Auditors.
- Development of personal and professional skills such as written and oral communication, teamwork, leadership, and ethical perspective. These skills are very important for entering the job market and for a successful career.
- Development of skills for carrying out independent scientific and/or applied for work.
The master's study program is spread across 3 semesters with a total of 90 ECTS, of which 30 ECTS correspond to a final work (dissertation, project or internship report).
All the course units will be taught in English.
About the School
The first school of Economics and Management in Portugal, ISEG belongs to the University of Lisbon, the largest Portuguese University. ISEG Lisbon is internationally recognized and accredited by AACSB ... Read More