Name of the program: Master's Degree in Psychology
DGP Code: 231501
Normal period to graduate: 4 semesters
Degree that confers: Master in Psychology
Campus where it is offered: Hermosillo
To train researchers capable of developing research projects in Psychology, under the direction of a senior researcher, adapting existing models and theories to approach novel problems. These projects will address regional, national and international social problems, and, at the same time, generate information that can be applied to intervention projects and evaluation of social programs.
- Develop, in the students, skills and competences of scientific research in the search of behavioral solutions to social problems.
- Develop in students the ability to adapt models and psychological theories to the explanation of social problems not addressed with these models and theories.
- Train students in the use of data collection techniques and methods, analysis strategies and interpretation of results in psychological research, as well as tactics for the integration of scientific knowledge.
- Develop skills to implement, perfect and evaluate research projects in psychology, aimed at satisfying information demands for the solution of social problems.
- Promote interdisciplinary research between behavioral sciences and other areas of the social, biological and humanities sciences, establishing the bases for their integration as complex knowledge, linking related areas such as those cultivated in the university environment.
What Will Your Competencies Be When You Finish The Program?
- The graduate will apply the assumptions and theoretical-methodological foundations that allow addressing behavioral problems from a scientific perspective, so that through a guided process use them as guidelines for action aimed at solving socially relevant problems.
- He will master the techniques and methods for the elaboration of diagnoses that allow to identify and intervene in those situations and social problems that demand the adoption of analytical strategies and modes of operation of scientific psychology.
- Demonstrate skills and attitudes to integrate into teams of multi and interdisciplinary research projects, applying their techniques, communication strategies and solutions in the different fields that demand it.
- He will apply the conceptual tools that allow him to sustain valid and operative scientific arguments in the field of psychology, which will allow him to prove explanatory theoretical models that at the moment give reason on the social problems.
- Adapt existing constructs, models or theories to the explanation of a social phenomenon not previously addressed with these conceptual frameworks.
- It will deploy capacity for its integration in intra and interdisciplinary work and research groups.
- In collaboration with a research leader, will be able to transfer the production of information obtained in the investigation to the claimants of the same.
- In partnership with the research team to which it is integrated, it will demonstrate the ability to publish in book chapters: theoretical essays and empirical dissemination articles.
- Will be able to practice teaching or tutoring in subjects related to the different dimensions and dynamics of behavioral sciences.
List of subjects
- Selected Topics of Theorization and Research in Psychology
- Research Methods I (Qualitative)
- Non-Experimental Research Designs
- Psychological theories and social problems
- Research Methods II (Basic Quantitative)
- Experimental Research Designs
- Optional Seminar I
- Research Methods III (Intermediate Quantitative)
- Supervised Research I
- Optional Seminar II
- Evaluation of social programs
- Supervised Research II
- Master's Thesis
- Juridic psychology
- Psychological Resilience
- Positive Psychology and Social Coexistence
- Psychology of the Family, Development and psycho-social well-being
- Justice and Social Coexistence
- Social epidemiology
- Curriculum Design and Evaluation
- Evaluation and Development of Strategic Learning
- Construction of Measuring Instruments in Education
- School education and psychology
- Education, psychology and social organizations
- Learning by competences
- Environmental Psychology
- Psychology of Sustainability
- Education for Sustainability
- Research Methods in Environmental Psychology
- Positive Psychology and Sustainability
- Positive Environments
Lines of generation and / or application of knowledge of the program.
- Psychology of social coexistence and health psychology
- Education and human development
- Environmental and sustainability psychology
Dr. Víctor Corral Verdugo
Dr. Martha Frías Armenta
Dr. José C. Gaxiola Romero
Dr. Daniel González Lomelí
Dr. Juan José Irigoyen Morales
Dr. Federico Zayas Pérez
Dr. Marcela Sotomayor Petterson
Dr. Blanca Silvia Fraijo Sing
Dr. César Tapia Fonllem
Dr. Karla Acuña Meléndrez
Dr. Cecilia Norzagaray Benítez
Dra. Nadia Saraí Corral Frías
How to enter this postgraduate course?
- Bachelor's degree in Psychology or any other area related to the social, biological or humanities sciences. Interns can be accepted with a commitment letter of qualification.
- Have passed with an average equal to or greater than 80 subjects of their undergraduate curriculum.
- Accreditation of the Graduate Entrance Exam for CENEVAL (EXANI-III) with a minimum score of 1000.
- Accredit proof of English equivalent to TOEFL with 450 points.
- Intermediate or advanced level in the handling of word processors, spreadsheets, software for the preparation of presentations and strategies for the discriminated search of information on the Internet.
- Present a general research proposal in one of the three lines of generation and application of knowledge promoted by the Postgraduate Program.
- Interview with the Academic Committee.
- Admission request.
- Letter of explanatory statement to enter the master's degree, where the applicant expresses interest in entering the program and expresses his willingness to comply with the academic activities assigned to him.
- Proposal of the research protocol framed in one of the three research lines of the Postgraduate Program.
- Curriculum vitae with supporting documents.
- Letter of commitment of full-time dedication and those who come from Institutions of Higher Education, institutional letter that endorses the commitment of full-time dedication.
- Birth certificate.
- Government-issued photo ID.
- Proof of address.
- Certified Integrity of Qualifications with general average.
- Proof of other studies (if any).
Applicants to the program will try to be aware of the social reality and its socio-political and cultural context, in addition to having strong inclinations for scientific research. Their professional discipline of provenience should be related to the work and techniques of the behavioral sciences, allowing them to be directly and efficiently involved in the analysis and promotion of solutions together with other human sciences. The applicant must demonstrate, in the same way, special interest in the use of logical and analytical reasoning that allows him to be linked with other disciplinary approaches for the solution of concrete problems. In addition to the above, you must have the ability to relate, recognize and communicate with other professionals, as well as demonstrate express interest in developing high level scientific research.
What do you need to get the degree?
To obtain a master's degree, you must:
- Approve the total credits and meet the other requirements established in the corresponding graduate program;
- Proof of understanding a language other than Spanish, as established by the Academic Committee of the Postgraduate Program according to the study program.
- Pass the examination of grade in the written phase and in the oral phase before a jury named ex profeso.
- For the degree of doctor, to pass a general examination of knowledge in the case in which the graduate program contemplates it.
- Comply with the provisions and requirements demanded by the School Services Office for the issuance of the degree.
The only valid modality for obtaining the degree is the thesis. This should be based on rigorous empirical research, accompanied by the respective theoretical support and relevant background.
How much does it cost to study this postgraduate course?
Cost of the EXANI-III
The registration cost of applicants to enter the Universidad de Sonora is announced annually along with the first entry notice.
Registration and tuition fees
Students, when enrolling in any of the graduate programs, must cover the corresponding fees according to the current minimum wage in the city of Hermosillo, as established in the Quotas Regulation.
Dr. César Tapia Fonllem
Research and Postgraduate Building, Universidad de Sonora . Reforma and Blvd. Luis D. Colosio, Col. Centro, CP 83000. Hermosillo, Sonora.
Tel: 52 (662) 45484-10
href = "http://www.posgradoenpsicologia.uson.mx/
Program taught in: