This multidisciplinary training is for candidates who want to give themselves the tools they need to become professionals and development leaders able to identify current challenges and propose innovative solutions.
They will become familiar with the main theories of development as well as the issues, challenges, solutions and limitations of territorial, international and indigenous development. They will deepen their understanding of the many interacting dimensions of community development and territorial, international and indigenous dynamics.
In addition, they will develop their capacity to analyze human actions, relationships with the environment, social structures and social relations present in the territories. Students will also master the various research and intervention techniques specific to development. At the end of their training, they will have acquired the theoretical and methodological knowledge necessary to understand and act on the development of here and elsewhere.
Social Sciences of Development - Mastery from UQO on Vimeo.
Regular flow - with memory
This profile is intended both for students wishing to develop research skills and for candidates wishing to pursue doctoral studies. They will master methods for collecting and analyzing information, critical analysis of development indicators and development-specific research processes. At the end of their training, the students will contribute to the advancement of research in development by writing a dissertation on a problem specific to this discipline.
Regular path - with test
This profile is intended for students who wish to increase their professional expertise and promote their integration into the job market. They will deepen their theoretical and practical knowledge of development and will thus be endowed with a global vision of this discipline. By writing a essay, they will become familiar with a topic relevant to research and development intervention and will master the skills specific to that field of study. At the end of their training, they will be able to act on development as highly qualified practitioners.
Concentration in territorial development
This concentration offers students training in territorial development in Quebec, Canada and, more broadly, in OECD countries. They will acquire a critical knowledge of the main contemporary issues of research and practice that characterize the development of these territories.
Concentration in international development
This concentration allows students to acquire the essential notions for the study and practice of development in the countries of the Global South. They will deepen their understanding of the issues surrounding research and social science practice in international development.
Concentration in Aboriginal Studies
This concentration offers students training on Aboriginal Peoples in Quebec, Canada and around the world (Latin America, Asia, Oceania, Africa and Europe). Students will learn more about Aboriginal economics, Aboriginal societies, and different modes of Aboriginal governance. They will know in depth the different aspects of research on indigenous peoples.
All about this program
- The master's thesis profile provides access to numerous scholarships, including the UQO Master's Scholarship, the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council Fellowships , culture .
- A concentration in international development is offered to students wishing to acquire the knowledge necessary for the study and practice of development in the Global South.
- Students can benefit from several international mobility agreements established with other universities, including Europe, Africa and Latin America. To enrich their university experience with an international dimension, students can study abroad through bilateral agreements with participating universities or with student exchange programs of the Interuniversity Cooperation Office .
- Students have the opportunity to follow a path that promotes rapid integration into the job market by writing a scientific essay or writing a research paper that allows the acquisition of research skills and also leads to doctoral studies.
All about this area
- Information Officer
- Development agent
- Research Officer
- Political Analyst
- Political Attaché
- Communication Manager
- Lecturer at the university (compulsory master's degree)
- Program Officer in a development or humanitarian NGO
- Project Manager in an international organization
- Foreign Affairs Advisor
- College teacher
- Colleges and Universities
- Municipal, Provincial and Federal Governments
- Humanitarian aid organizations
- International Cooperation and International Relations Organizations
- International organisations
- Philanthropic organizations