Business today is increasingly global, offering great growth potential for new entrepreneurs and existing companies alike.
You may want to become a successful entrepreneur by creating your own business or to build a successful career in management in existing companies, but to succeed, you will first need to develop the right mindset and skills.
In this programme, you will develop entrepreneurial competencies for creating a new business and leading its growth to international markets. The programme provides you with everything you need to become successful in global business: you will gain the skills to work as a leading professional in internationally operating companies as well as the entrepreneurial skills necessary to launch and operate your own global startup.
Both skill sets together will make you attractive in today's global business environment and provide you with employment options in the long term.
You will also learn to manage the international growth and strategy of a company, to manage finances and resources in international markets, and to lead people in a multinational company.
The programme also engages local entrepreneurs and associations, enabling you to learn from real-life cases from real companies and entrepreneurs. During your studies, you have an opportunity to consult the companies, to network with them and to learn first-hand from successful international entrepreneurs and business professionals.
After graduation, your career opportunities will include becoming an international entrepreneur, a manager in an international or multinational enterprise, or a management consultant on internationalisation strategies.
Intended learning outcomes
In this programme, you will acquire advanced knowledge and skills in entrepreneurship in an international context.
You will develop an entrepreneurial mindset and management and analytical skills for the international market.
After graduation, you will be able to:
- understand and assess the opportunities and challenges of global markets;
- discover, evaluate, and develop international entrepreneurial opportunities;
- recognise and discuss the role of sustainability in international and domestic business;
- critically and analytically discuss and apply theories on international business and entrepreneurship to present managerial recommendations;
- develop a sustainable, analytical, entrepreneurial, and global mindset;
- develop your own ideas into a concrete business plan for international business operations together with your fellow MIBE students, engineering managers and experts;
- build innovation prototypes with technology students at the Jamie Hyneman Center;
- design a unique business idea for a multinational corporation and build its international business strategies;
- run a multinational corporation through a strategic simulation game with your fellow students;
- solve business cases with professional consultants;
- consult entrepreneurs and their firms on internationalisation strategy;
- understand global trade and internationalisation strategies of firms, and recognise and seize international opportunities;
- visualise and set your goals for your global entrepreneurial journey.
Degree structure and studies
The Master's Programme in International Business and Entrepreneurship is a two-year programme. It leads to the degree of Master of Science in Economics and Business Administration, M.Sc. (Econ. & Bus. Admin.), which is 120 ECTS credits.
The programme includes core, specialisation, minor and language studies.
Core studies (48 ECTS credits) include courses on starting and leading a growth enterprise, the internationalisation of a firm, and financial management.
Specialisation studies (42 ECTS credits) include courses on topics such as managing and consulting international startups and multinational companies.
The Master's thesis, 30 ECTS credits, is a part of specialisation studies. The thesis is an advanced research project, which requires approximately six months of full-time work.
Minor studies (24-25 ECTS credits) deal with international marketing, digitalisation and business analytics, and supply management.
Language studies (excluding English), 6 ECTS credits.
Earning your degree in international business and entrepreneurship offers you many promising career options.
After graduation, you will have the mindset and skills to launch and operate a startup geared for international growth and global success.
You will also be able to manage global business operations in multinational companies and work as a consultant for internationally operating companies on matters relating to their business operations.
You may become an entrepreneur, an export manager in a small or medium-sized enterprise, or a director of international operations in a multinational company.
How to Apply
Interested in applying to the Master's programme in International Business and Entrepreneurship?
Make one of the most important decisions for your future and study with us - we promise to make your investment worthwhile.
Every year a great number of students from all over the world start their studies at LUT University.
Be curious. Be one of us.
You can apply to this Master's programme through either the rolling or the regular admission process:
- Regular admission: 1 December 2020-20 January 2021
- Rolling admission: 1 October 2020-31 May 2021