The programme is intended for students with a background in business studies.
As a graduate from this programme, you will be in high demand and have access to interesting positions in business and industry.
Your studies in this programme will focus on theoretical knowledge and technical skills in relevant business analytics methods, including data analytics, modelling, simulation, and multiple-criteria decision-making methods, and practical use of the methods on real-world data in a real-world business or industry context. The software and tools applied during the course are standard in the industry.
The programme merges studies in industrial management, corporate finance, computer science and applied mathematics in a unique way, providing a very powerful combination of knowledge.
We welcome ambitious students with a suitable background who are ready to work hard – in return, we offer the tools and know-how to become leading makers of the future in business and industry.
Intended learning outcomes
As a graduate with a Master's degree, you will be a competent business analytics professional who knows and can critically analyse the theories and methods in the field.
After completing this programme, you will:
- be able to choose suitable business analytics methods and use them in practice;
- be able to draw logical conclusions and give recommendations in strategic decision-making situations based on output from decision support methods;
- be competent in applied business research;
- be able to systematically analyse discipline-related research problems;
- be able to draw well-justified conclusions and analytically discuss the implications of produced research results;
- be able to produce an academic research report according to the principles for good scientific conduct;
- have skills in responsible business skills and a profound understanding of the discipline-specific responsibility issues;
- be able to critically evaluate the consequences of business decisions from a responsibility perspective;
- demonstrate teamwork competencies;
- be an effective team member and capable of solving problems in teams;
- have a good collaboration and interpersonal communication skills.
Degree structure and studies
The Master's programme in Business Analytics is a two-year programme. The programme leads to the degree of Master of Science in Economics and Business Administration, M.Sc. (Econ. & Bus. Adm.) and it is 120 ECTS credits.
The programme includes core, specialisation and language studies.
Core studies, 60 ECTS credits, include courses on the background, basics, and tools of business analytics and business development, such as information systems in corporate management and decision-making, business ethics, data analytics, simulation and system dynamics in business analytics and business process modelling.
Specialisation studies, 54 ECTS credits, include courses on topics such as real options and managerial decision-making, the basics of business analysis, marketing analytics, big data analytics, and advanced decision-making methods.
The Master's thesis and seminar, 30 ECTS credits, are a part of the specialisation studies. The thesis is a research project which requires approximately six months of full-time work. It is completed during the fourth semester of the degree programme.
Language studies, 6 ECTS credits, in one foreign language; not English.
As a graduate, you will be a perfect fit for the business development and business analytics teams of global corporations and SMEs.
Hands-on skills in business analytics are in very high demand globally – there is a great shortage of business analytics professionals on the market.
The programme is practical and career-oriented and gives you a unique multi-disciplinary education in technology and business, which is highly valued in the corporate world and industry.
You will be prepared for a career in business analytics and analytical business development, as an analytics professional in an industrial or service company or as a consultant.
Entrepreneurship is also a realistic possibility with the pragmatic skill set you will acquire.
How to Apply
Interested in applying to the Master's Programmes in Business Analytics?
Make one of the most important decisions for your future and study with us – we promise you to make your investment worthwhile.
Every year a great number of students from all over the world start their studies at LUT University.
Be curious. Be one of us.
You can apply to this Master's programme through either the rolling or the regular admission process:
- Regular admission: 1 December 2020-20 January 2021
- Rolling admission: 1 October 2020-31 May 2021