The Masters Program in Science and Technology for the Conservation of Cultural Heritage trains experts in Archaeometry and Conservation Science. The program provides students with specialist skills in the multi-analytical characterization of a wide range of materials related to archaeology and cultural heritage, scientific methods and advanced technologies in the study of conservation.
In particular, graduates will acquire the:
- ability to work in a research area with a strong multidisciplinary nature ranging from sciences to humanities;
- expertise in analytical techniques, scientific methods of investigation and data interpretation for the recovery and conservation of cultural heritage;
- advanced skills in the analysis of the interaction between cultural heritage and the chemical-physical environment;
- advanced knowledge of archaeometric applications in a range of fields.
Graduates in Science and Technology for the Conservation of Cultural Heritage carry out a wide range of activities in different Institutions involved in the management and conservation of cultural heritage, including government institutions, museums, archives and international organizations devoted to the conservation of cultural heritage, as well as companies and professional organizations working on the conservation, restoration and protection of cultural heritage will also be involved.
The Master Course in Science and Technology for the Conservation of Cultural Heritage is open to students with a Bachelor degree (I cycle equivalent-180 ECTS credits) in Sciences.
Eligible Candidates must have a strong background in a wide range of Science and Mathematics subjects. In particular, they must have obtained no less than:
- 84 ECTS in scientific disciplines, including mathematics, physics, chemistry, mineralogy, biology, and computer sciences
- 6 ECTS in humanities and economic disciplines (e.g., museology, history of restoration and techniques of artistic production, and cultural heritage legislation)
The minimum English language requirement is level B2 (IELTS).
Admission will be based on admission requirements, following a scheduled interview of all eligible applicants.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated May 2, 2018