- Language of Instruction: English
- Duration: 2 years
- ECTS: 120
- Entrance Exams: English Language, Mathematics
- Department: Institute of Economics and Entrepreneurship
Institute of Economics and Entrepreneurship (IEE) is the largest structural unit of the Lobachevsky University of Nizhny Novgorod. There are more than 8,000 students at being trained at the Institute.
The traditions of classical education in combination with entrepreneurial approaches to the implementation of business processes based on modern information technologies and design methods - this is the essence of modern education in management, economics, and finance offered by IEE.
The Master program “Management of Business and Finance” in English is a part of the field of study “Management” taught at IEE. The program is aimed at training specialists and experts in management for private and public companies, banks, insurance companies as well as for government and municipal structures.
The program developed for graduates with a bachelor’s degree who wish to gain in-depth knowledge of management activities in business and finance.
The main objective of the program: the creation of conditions for the optimal combination of theoretical knowledge and best practices of modern management for the preparation of competent and highly qualified specialists in the field of management, capable of effective professional activity in Russia and other countries.
Advantages of the Program
- Highly qualified professors, instructors, managers, leading employees of relevant organizations, enterprises, and institutions.
- The language of instruction in the program is English, which provides a competitive advantage for its graduates.
- Studying in an international team.
- Master's training is focused not only on the deepening of professional competencies but also on research activities.
- Compliance of the program with modern educational standards and approaches of leading universities of Russia and the world.
- Within the framework of this program, there is an opportunity to study during the year at the University of Siena and to get a second European degree.
The program is accredited by the National Accreditation Board of the National Centre for Public Accreditation. The recognition of the program means that the program in Management meets the high educational requirements in accordance with the legislation of the Russian Federation and the Standards and Guidelines for Quality Assurance in the European Higher Education Area (ESG-ENQA).
Students undergo internships and participate in student mobility programs with French and Italian universities.
Master students have the opportunity to get an internship in the Administration of the Nizhny Novgorod Region, the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Nizhny Novgorod Region, the Nizhny Novgorod Association of Industrialists and Entrepreneurs, the leading enterprises and organizations of the city, etc.
The program meets high European and international standards and a diploma is recognized by employers in Europe and makes it easier to apply for Doctoral programs in other higher education institutions.
Our graduates work in senior positions in ministries and departments at various levels, in financial and credit organizations, at industrial and agricultural enterprises of various forms of ownership in more than 20 countries in Europe, Asia, America, and Africa.
Step 1. Choose a program and check the entry requirements
Choose your career path and major from over 140 Academic Programs available at Lobachevsky University.
Step 2. Apply for admission
- Apply for Admission ONLINE. (If you have problems, please ask our Admission team for the PDF form.)
- Submit a copy of your international passport (all fulfilled pages)
- Submit scanned copies of your original certificate(s) of higher education (Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree or Specialist’s diploma) and transcript(s)
- Submit scanned copies of your health certificate (incl. TB test).
- If the documents are issued not in English or French, the certified translation into Russian can be required.
Step 3. Complete your registration
- Once you have been admitted to a degree program, you will receive a detailed Acceptance letter which clearly states the terms of enrolment and requirements for the Master’s degree program. If you accept UNN admission offer, you will be sent a Learning Agreement you should sign and send back to the International Students Office. The University signs 2 copies of the Learning Agreement, registers and certifies them with its seal. Afterward, you will receive one copy of the signed Learning Agreement by e-mail.
Step 4. Pay the tuition fees
- Tuition fees should be paid before your arrival at the University. This can be done by bank transfer to the University’s account (you will find the account number in the Invoice). In this case, you pay the fee under the registered study contract at your local bank and send a copy of the receipt to the University.
Step 5. Get an invitation and visa
- In case all the recruitments stipulated in the Learning Agreement are fulfilled and your payment of fees is confirmed, the University addresses the Ministry of Internal Affairs (M.I.A.) of Russia to launch the invitation process. The M.I.A. issues an electronic invitation letter approximately 5 weeks after the University`s official request. The electronic invitation letter is required in order to obtain a student visa at the local Russian Embassy.
Step 6. Coming to Nizhny Novgorod
- Now that you have completed registration, it’s time to prepare for your stay in Nizhny Novgorod. Visit the section on practical matters to learn more about housing, insurance, visas, and other important matters.
- After you obtain the visa and buy the plane (train) tickets to Nizhni Novgorod, please inform the University about the date of your arrival. On the additional request (please, contact your admissions officer), you can be met at Nizhny Novgorod airport or railroad station and guided to the University.
- Students must come to Russia no later than one month before the expiry of the initial three-month visa in order to have enough time to prolong this student visa. The Ministry of Internal Affairs may refuse to prolong your visa if you come to Russia later than this date.
- Note: It is a must to come to the International Students Office (UNN, build. 2, office 306) and to the Visa and Immigration Support Office (UNN, build. 2, office 305) on the first working day after your arrival in Nizhny Novgorod in order to be registered in the M.I.A..
Program taught in: