Course Facility and Process Design
Master of Science
Anyone looking for a unique master's degree program with a future perspective is exactly right at the Albstadt-Sigmaringen University of Applied Sciences.
The Master's program Facility and Process Design enables students to gain a unique European profile in the area of planning and management of industrial plants as well as innovative product and process development. The focus here is on the life science industry, ie in food processing, in pharmaceutical and cosmetic production, in the manufacture of medical devices and in adjacent areas. The degree course conveys the knowledge and skills required for future specialists and executives in these industrial sectors and related service companies.
The contents of the master's program Facility and Process Design cover a wide range of tasks as well as a fundamental understanding of the overall context of the planning process and the operating procedures in the life science industry. These skills are extremely important and in demand in later professional life. Specialized planning offices and facility service providers support the companies to produce numerous products economically and sustainably. Both technical and business knowledge are taught in the context of the study. Thanks to the opportunity for individual specialization and the orientation of the master's thesis, students in the master's program Facility and Process Design complete their personal study profile.
Competences of the graduates
With the successful completion of the course Facility and Process Design, graduates bring the following knowledge and skills into professional life, depending on individual focus training:
- Holistic view of industrial plants, from structural to logistic to procedural conditions
- Comprehensive knowledge of planning and design of industrial plants as well as their operation and management, in the life science industry and the public catering
- Ability to analyze the entire life cycle of industrial plants, from site analysis to erection and operation to demolition
- Mastering methods of systematic product and process innovation
- Special knowledge of trends, regulatory basics, as well as acceptance criteria of consumers in connection with products and processes of the life science industry
- Ability to independently handle technical and business problems in complex industrial systems
Bachelor's degree in engineering, industrial engineering or another affine subject with an above-average grade
15th of July
Semester abroad at (optional) over 30 partner and host universities worldwide possible
Facility and Process Design - Study Content
Facility and Process Design - practice-oriented study, sound expertise
Students design their study profile depending on the election direction. You decide between two options: facility design and management or product and process innovation
Facility and Process Design - occupational fields and opportunities
A study with a future perspective
Shaping the future of the life science industry
The master's program Facility and Process Design enables a unique profile development in the area of planning and management of industrial plants as well as innovative product and process development.
Facility and Process Design graduates apply after completing their studies:
- Production company in the life sciences industry
- Planning and consulting offices for the life science industry
- Industrial facility management providers
- Machine manufacturers and plant manufacturers
- Manufacturers of household and commercial kitchen appliances
- Universities and research institutes (Fraunhofer institutes etc.)
... and benefit from outstanding opportunities:
Due to their interdisciplinary knowledge, graduates of the master's program Facility and Process Design have excellent career opportunities in various fields, including international ones:
- Operational planning for the food, pharmaceutical and cosmetics industries
- Operational planning for commercial kitchens in public catering
- Services in Facility Management for the above areas
- Conceptual design and introduction of innovative products and production processes
- Optimization of manufacturing processes in the life science industry
- Development of machinery and equipment for the above-mentioned areas
Graduates of Facility and Process Design receive a Master of Science (M.Sc.) degree. This degree entitles to the promotion and career of the higher service.
Facility and Process Design - Benefits
Facility and Process Design study - a very good choice
Smart Building Engineering and Management - Study Models
Flexible or even more practical? The right study solution for everyone!
Study part time
You decide how much time you need for your studies. With the FlexiStart you adapt your studies to your needs.
One semester abroad? Get to know a new culture and gain ECTS credits. Let us advise you on the various options in the International Office of the university.
Not sure yet, what suits you best? Let us advise you about the manifold possibilities at our university.
Facility and Process Design - Research and Transfer
Research field: Sustainable food development and processing
In our research activities in the field of sustainable food development and processing (NLEV) innovative food products are produced and novel processing methods are tested. The focus is on sustainable production. Test and demonstration systems for digitization in food production (Industrie 4.0 - smart factory) are also used. In the near future, a model factory will be available at the Innnovationscampus in Sigmaringen, which meets all the necessary hygienic requirements, so that the products can be manufactured for test purposes and also placed on the market.