O Master in Society, Technology and Public Policy It includes a number of human, technological and applied social sciences, combining perspectives that are not met in other disciplinary courses and supported in other areas as engineering and public health. The range of proposed courses and seminars covers the areas of Urban and Regional Planning, Law, Sociology, Political Science, Anthropology, Economics, Architecture, Public Administration, Social Services, Public Health, Communication, Production Engineering, Nutrition, Environmental Management and Heritage Cultural.
- provide a multidisciplinary training in the field of Social and Human Sciences with emphasis on the relations between individuals, groups, political institutions and socio-cultural dynamics from the conceptual crisscross in different disciplinary skills;
- promote academic training that takes teaching and research as inseparable activities and multiple and complex nature of the problems that cross and move the social and cultural field;
- promote the construction of knowledge required to perform the analysis of social phenomena, environmental, political and cultural, through consistent link between theory, research, practice and social commitment combined with a critical training for the exercise of transforming professional practice;
- train, educate and support the academic community and public officials to promote integrated geared joint for effectiveness and efficiency of public and private organizations through the appropriate troubleshooting and generation / application innovation processes;
- Empower teachers to operate in higher education, research institutes and technical and scientific advisors.
Concentration Area: Technology and Public Policy
The future master concentration area is characterized by the construction of ideas and interdisciplinary research that put in discussion the knowledge of production processes and their effects on relations with society, technology and public policy. The objective is to provide adequate space for the development of creative capacities that provide results of social, environmental and technological interest, and academic integrated directly or indirectly with public policies. Investigations include two complementary perspectives: 1) Technology, Environment and Society.
2) Society, Territory and Public Policy.
Line 01 - Technology, Environment and Society
This research includes interdisciplinary research on three main areas of activity: technology, environment and society. Conducts research on topics such as social technologies and industrial processes, sustainability and human ecology, territorial planning and democratic quality. The contextualized approach innovatively the research themes, relating them to public policies.
Line 02 - Society, Territory and Public Policy
The line articulates the study of social change in their cultural, territorial and political dimensions and reflects on the complementarities and conflicts that characterize the relationship between society and state. The surveys include questions related to identity, imagination, economy, social technologies, access to justice, public health, democratic control and planning in the context of public policies and collective, diffuse and individual demands.
SELECTION PROCESS 2017
The Research Coordination, Graduate and Extension (COPPE) makes public applicants for registration will be open in the period between 17 October 2016 and 20 January 2017, the Graduate Program in Society, Technology and Policy public, for its second class of Master in the area of Concentration Technology and public Policy.
This school offers programs in:
- Portuguese (Brazil)
Last updated November 6, 2016