Master in Production and Operations
Colombian companies are now competing with "World Class Companies", with high standards for innovation, productivity and quality of their products and / or services, which is necessary to generate strategies to close the gap to achieve excellence in all economic sectors in which they want to participate.
Organizations are aware of the importance of training professional staff on knowledge and the adaptation of new methodologies in production and operations that are crucial today given the high levels of competition and the increase of resources.
The areas of production and operations have been modernizing their methods, management and technology, seeking to optimize productivity, increasing efficiency, effectiveness and flexibility of production systems and supply operations and distribution nationwide and internationally.
Failure to develop, with high quality, companies in the region will continue to lose market share to the multinationals and the import of manufactured goods delivered, in a timely manner and very low prices.
Because of this the Sergio Arboleda University has developed the Master's program in the area of production and operations to human resource training with high levels of knowledge and management, able to achieve competitive companies with innovative products and services that generate higher value added .
The Master Production and Operations specific aims the design and management of production systems and operations and national chains and international production, for which we developed a training program that includes technology for modeling and simulation, advanced training in logistics and quality and also an area of top management in a global context.
All this complemented by the development of a research project for which dictate the research workshops and has the infrastructure necessary to support students to develop.
Emphasis of expertise
• Analysis, design and production systems operations and supply chains using simulation tools.
• International Operations
• Management of production and operations systems
The professional Master in Production and Operations will serve as:
• Directors, advisor or consultant for companies and institutions interested in the design, implementation and / or development of modern production systems and operations, taking into account the trend of globalization not only of the economy but of information and organizations.
• The Masters will perform in any industrial company or service you are interested in improving their processes to be a world class organization.
• The graduate of the Master, will be able to design, implement and optimize production systems and operations and supply chains, by developing the following skills:
• Designing production systems and national and international operations.
• Designing and optimizing supply chains.
• production management and operations areas in national and international companies.
• Design strategies to optimize innovation, quality and productivity, reducing costs and streamlining investment involved.
• Evaluate global projects
Strengths of the program:
• It is the first program of this name in Colombia and is oriented to the production system design and operations and supply chains.
• has experience Specialization in Production and Operations Management, which has more than 20 promotions.
• It has adequate infrastructure for the development of research projects that give students sufficient support for its realization.
• At the end of the first year and submit the draft grade students receive the degree as Specialist in Production and Operations Management.
• Faculty with experience in business consulting and chair of graduate