The Catholic University of Mozambique (UCM), attentive to the need for socio-political development, openness to the promotion of values of justice, peace and reconciliation, intends to teach the postgraduate course and Masters in Political Science: Governance and International Relations , in partnership with the Institute of Political Studies of the Portuguese Catholic University (IEP-UCP).
The Postgraduate course in Political Science: Governance and International Relations is conceived on the ground that Mozambique is a country in the process of consolidating democracy, in which the sense of belonging to the Mozambican family begins to gain ground in society, which will allow its integration process in SADC.
The Postgraduate and / or Master is a professional in the performance of functions in the different levels of public and governmental administration (municipal, provincial and national), as well as in the contribution to the area of political functions. Graduates will have knowledge of political studies and governance from a regional, national and international perspective.
The Postgraduate and / or Master in Political Sciences: Governance and International Relations must, at the end of the course, be endowed with the following competences:
- Contribute in various ways to increase levels of good governance;
- Know how to qualify and modernize political activity;
- To know how to sediment the globalizing perception of democracy, alternation of power, human rights and political stability;
- To be efficient in the management of the public good;
- To be able to disseminate and anchor, at the academic and professional level, the scientific matrix of studies on Political Science, namely at the level of Governance and International Relations.
The professional exits of the Post Graduate and / or Masters in Political Sciences: Governance and International Relations are:
- Social, political and public opinion analysts
- Collaborators of national and international programs in support of good governance
- Complementary training for the diplomatic career
- Political journalists, advisors (government, embassies and NGOs)
- Party Leaders
- Members of municipal, provincial and republic
- Local, regional and national government officials and officials
The course is composed of 9 multidisciplinary disciplines. Students who complete the curricular phase with an average grade of 12 (78 ECTS) values may obtain the certificate of Post-Graduate in Political Science: Governance and International Relations, will be designated "candidates to master" and may pass to the dissertation phase of Master's degree (120ECTS). When the dissertation phase is successfully completed, you will obtain a Master's Degree in Political Science: Governance and International Relations.
Program taught in: