Master of Environmental Management and Assessment
The Master is open to professionals from various disciplines, executives and leaders with experience in environmental issues related to private enterprise and governmental and nongovernmental organizations, which face management challenges and environmental assessment.
Also, is aimed at teachers from higher education institutions interested in deepening their knowledge in applied research in environmental management.
Applicants must be creative people and researchers, with provision for teamwork and openness, enabling the optimal exercise on learning processes based on participatory methodologies and active learning.
For Sergio Arboleda University is of a fundamental nature contribute to the solution of global environmental problems, through the creation of a graduate academic program, consistent with the policies of environmental protection and culture derive from its mission.
With this new proposal are assumed academic institutional commitments to advance environmental research and knowledge give society and experts to provide competently the purpose of achieving the natural balance of the planet and improving environmental quality, within a framework of equity and social justice.
If it is agreed that the management and basic management theories and environmental sciences in the service of environmental protection, are tools that can lead to solving many of the environmental problems, what better than institutions of higher education to to.
In this vein, Sergio Arboleda University, intends to continue becoming a space that will analyze, understand and propose solutions from academia to environmental issues from the perspective of management.
Sergio Arboleda University is located in these two planes will therefore not only scientific and technical commitment to increase knowledge about the environment, its use and protection, but also the function of changing environmental behaviors that make its members educational community .
In this context is that Sergio Arboleda University proposes the creation of the program MASTER IN MANAGEMENT AND ENVIRONMENTAL ASSESSMENT since it constitutes an accurate way that aims for a better scenario for future generations.
Powers of the Master of Environmental Management and Assessment
Upon completion of the Master's curriculum in Environmental Assessment and Management ...
• Conceive, proposes, implements and monitors policies, plans, programs and projects aimed at the business and industrial environmental management (full responsibility), urban regional, community, integrated production systems, risk, protected natural areas, water quality , air and soil.
• Makes use of technologies and geographic information for land TIG urban, rural, river basin and Coastal Areas
• Conceive, proposes, implements and monitors policies, plans and programs for the rational use of natural resources and accounts for the impact of their exploitation through the theories, models and tools that provides environmental economics, environmental and natural resource , assessment of environmental costs.
• Quantify and qualify the environmental impact of projects, works or activities to determine their feasibility, mitigate the negative effects and check its sustainability, through the use of assessment tools, management plans and environmental audits.
• Develops and manages solutions to problems related to environmental sanitation as regards solid waste, toxic and hazardous.
Masters Occupational Profile:
The Master of Environmental Management and Assessment will serve as manager, consultant, department and / or project manager, in activities related to the business and industrial environmental management, urban regional, community, integrated production systems, risk, quality and rational use of natural resources, sanitation and environmental impact assessment. Also, given its entrepreneurial training, you can create and sustain green businesses generating social and economic value for the promotion of sustainable development of the country.