The Master in Educational Research, is a postgraduate program recognized by its HIGH QUALITY in the level of Consolidation granted by CONACYT in the National Program of Postgraduate Quality (PNPC).
It is a program oriented to the education of educational researchers that emphasizes the methodological and technical aspects of research. That is to say, it is a program whose strength lies in the methodological training provided, including the orientation and effective support that are offered to students for the development of their thesis throughout the semesters that integrate the curriculum.
The lines that organize the research work of the teachers who support the Master in Educational Research are:
- Learning and teaching: curriculum and development processes
- Actors, institutions, systems and educational policies.
To train critical and creative education specialists with skills to design and carry out research projects, to contribute to the knowledge of education and educational systems, as well as to collaborate in the design and implementation of actions aimed at improving quality of Education.
The Master of Science in Educational Research will promote your students:
- Express an informed vision of the development of the national educational system and make a critical assessment of their problems and identify and explain knowledge generation and application needs.
- Identify and express a synthesis of the theoretical contributions of the disciplines that study education and distinguish their contribution to the understanding of educational phenomena.
- Identify and explain the characteristics of the main methodological and technical traditions of the field of educational research and apply the elements they contribute to the development of research activities.
- Integrate effectively the theoretical and empirical dimensions of scientific work, and apply in an argumentative and rigorous manner the methodological and technical approaches most appropriate to the research activity that they carry out.
- Show a positive attitude towards education, its study and the promotion of its improvement with support in the knowledge generated through systematic research processes.
- Integrate work teams in which they collaborate in the design, management and operation of educational improvement projects.
Graduates of the Master in Educational Research must demonstrate that they have acquired and developed a set of knowledge, skills and attitudes in accordance with the program's mission, vision and objectives. The following are the distinguishing features of the profile of the graduated student:
- Clearly describe an overview of the genesis, structure, main development problems and educational policies of the national education system.
- Identify and analyze the main features of the epistemological foundations of scientific knowledge.
- Identify and critically analyze a multidisciplinary scientific perspective on the main facts and theories of education.
- Explain the characteristics of the main approaches of scientific research in general and of educational research in particular.
- Apply in a relevant way a diversity of techniques of obtaining and analyzing information.
- Express ideas in an oral and written manner, with clarity, order and with the arguments that support them.
- Identify relevant theoretical or practical problems about the knowledge of education, in order to propose and formulate approaches aimed at carrying out relevant and original educational research that shows the student's independent work capacity.
- Apply or use in a reflexive, critical, analytical, consistent and systematic way the logic of the process of scientific investigation in the approach and test of hypotheses or conjectures.
- To develop systematic and intentional methodological processes for the search, analysis and systematization of documentary information.
- To develop systematic and intentional methodological processes for the treatment, systematization and analysis of empirical information under different methodological approaches.
- Write research reports and prepare documents with the necessary characteristics to enter the academic circuits of dissemination of scientific knowledge.
- Show readiness for systematic analysis of the development needs of education systems.
- Express openness to different conceptions of the educational phenomenon, as well as to different epistemological, theoretical and methodological approaches to scientific and educational research.
- Show willingness and actions conducive to working both collaboratively and independently assuming responsibly the tasks that correspond to him.
- Show indicators of responsibility to perform intellectual work and scientific research as a means of knowledge of social and educational reality and as support for decision making and improvement of education.
- Conduct an argumentative and rigorous discussion of research projects in their different phases of development and show openness to the critical opinion of others about the academic work itself.
Use the code of ethics of the MIE that will guide their professional practice as experts in educational inquiry, in relation to society in general, institutions, their national education colleagues and themselves.
To reaffirm and show indicators of the ethical principles of a researcher and the central task of research, in particular:
- intellectual honesty
- social responsibility
- the respect due to the subjects involved in an investigation
- the tolerance
Note : Attitudes and values are distinguished for analytical purposes but are related. Its assessment will be made throughout the entire process of training on cross-cutting axes observing and recording indicators of the same.
Requirements for obtaining the degree
- To accredit all subjects and academic activities indicated in the curriculum, and to have obtained a general grade point average of 8.0 or higher.
- Have at least one article in the process of an opinion or a paper or contribution approved for presentation at a local or national academic event.
- To present and defend the thesis elaborated within the framework of the master's degree in public examination of degree and its approval.
- In accordance with the General Teaching Regulations, graduates must submit the corresponding application and take their degree examination no later than one year after the completion of their studies. In order to keep the register in the PNPC, the students must present the corresponding application and carry out their examination of degree during the six months after the conclusion of their studies.