A Masters degree is an academic degree awarded to individuals who successfully denote a higher level of expertise. There are two main types of Masters - taught and research.
Europe is the sixth largest continent and includes 47 countries and assorted dependencies, islands and territories. It is bordered by the Mediterranean Sea to the south, Asia to the east, and the Atlantic Ocean to the West.
View all Master Programs in Theoretical Physics in Europe 2018/2019
Master in Theoretical and Computational Physics [+]
- Introduction to quantum theory of identical particle systems
- Special Mathematics Chapters
- Introduction to physics of mesoscopic systems
- Linear response phenomena
- Transport phenomena in disordered materials
- Information and quantum communication
- Methods of simulation in theoretical physics
- Nonlinear dynamics, chaos, complex systems physics
- The theory of collisions
- Quantum electrodynamics
- The theory of intense laser interaction with atomic and nuclear systems
- Theory of groups with applications in quantum mechanics
- Computational methods in the theory of electronic structure of materials
- Hadronic matter theory under extreme conditions and plasma quarks and gluons... [-]
The Master's degree programme in Physics is composed of 4 curricula taught in English and 1 curriculum taught in Italian. The international curricula are: Materials Physics and Nanoscience; Theoretical Physics; Nuclear and Subnuclear Physics; Applied Physics. [+]
The Master's degree programme in Physics aims at educating students on advanced specific skills in different areas of modern physics, based on a solid interdisciplinary scientific background.
More specifically, at the end of the course, students will:
- acquire a deep and up-to-date understanding of contemporary physics in its theoretical, experimental and applied aspects;
- know advanced mathematical and numerical tools for the description and the modelling of physical systems;
- gain the ability to model complex systems in different fields;
- gain the ability to use and design advanced instrumentation and measurement techniques;
- master the scientific method and techniques for the resolution of problems;... [-]
The Department of Theoretical Physics was set up in 2009 by the decision of the Academic Council in order to train professionals in modern theoretical physics. It is one of the most important departments of the St Petersburg Academic University that provides up-to-date training in theoretical and mathematical physics. [+]
Master in Theoretical and Mathematical Physics
Language of instruction: Russian
The Department of Theoretical Physics was set up in 2009 by the decision of the Academic Council in order to train professionals in modern theoretical physics. It is one of the most important departments of the St Petersburg Academic University that provides up-to-date training in theoretical and mathematical physics.
The faculty is formed from highly skilled physicists-theorists who are well-known in the scientific world. Professors of the department work in leading research centers (Ioffe Physical-Technical Institute, St Petersburg Academic University etc.) and leading universities (St Petersburg State University, St Petersburg State Polytechnical University).... [-]