This master's programme includes a variety of disciplines. In addition to fundamental chemical-scientific course units, the curriculum includes the fields of socio-economics (company management, economics) and chemical technology (engineering, separation techniques, chemical process technology, industrial process technology, surface chemistry, environmental technology, etc.).
Best Masters in Industrial Management in Belgium 2017. This master's programme includes a variety of disciplines. In addition to fundamental chemical-scientific course units, the curriculum includes the fields of socio-economics (company management, economics) and chemical technology (engineering, separation techniques, chemical process technology, industrial process technology, surface chemistry, environmental technology, etc.). A flexible cross-campus elective package and a master's thesis conducted in either a research-specific or industrial context enable you to focus your studies according to your specific interests and career goals.
Sustainable Process and Materials Engineering option
In the Sustainable Process and Materials Engineering option emphasis is placed on reliable technology that meets today's needs without jeopardising the welfare of future generations. This implies that materials and energy must be used efficiently, taking into account their impact on the environment. Thus, on the one hand this option is aimed at sustainable designing, development, and manufacturing of products and systems, and on the other it is aimed at development, properties, characterisation, production and processing of (new) materials.
This is an initial master's programme and can be followed on a full-time or part-time basis.
Add an in-company or project-based learning experience to your master's programme
You can augment your master's programme with the Postgraduate Programme Innovation and Entrepreneurship. This programme is made up by a multifaceted learning experience in and with a company, with an innovative engineering challenge as the central assignment. It is carried out in a team setting, has a distinct international dimension, and usually requires a multidisciplinary approach. Entrepreneurs and students alike are encouraged to innovate, transfer knowledge and grow. It is a unique cross-fertilisation between company and classroom.
Are you a future industrial engineer?
Are you a doer and are you fascinated by how and why things are done? Then you must be a future industrial engineer!
- You enjoy looking into how to implement new ideas and improve old ones;
- You prepare abstract designs for implementation in a business environment;
- You like to link theory to practice;
- You aim for a position of responsibility that allows you to apply your knowledge to concrete challenges in the day-to-day workings of a company;
- You are eager to develop excellent communication and management skills.
The Master of Industrial Sciences in Chemical Engineering is capable of:
selecting, formulating, analyzing and answering appropriately a research question of his own choice based on a theoretical or practical problem in his area of technology while taking into consideration the paradigms and making use of appropriate research methodology.
designing, implementing, testing, and improving industrial processes in a chemically and technologically responsible manner.
researching, developing and applying new materials such as polymers, composites, metals and ceramics.
integrating environment and safety in the various phases of a process supported by the principles of sustainable development.
managing technology and communicating efficiently the results of his own work, study and research.
continuing the process of self-education as well as coaching others in their development as individuals and professionals.
integrating relevant research, work and/or study experiences acquired in a different environment either at home or abroad.
functioning and cooperating in multidisciplinary and international teams through project work and through an exchange of views and opinions.
recognizing and taking into consideration the ethical, economic, ecological and aesthetic aspects and implications of his actions
Diversity and an open mind are vital elements in the international learning and work environment at the Group T campus. The student population, staff, and guests come from all corners of the world, turning our campus into a true intercultural nexus for bachelor- and graduate-level education, university-industry collaboration, innovation and professional development.
Advantages for international students
- All of our undergraduate and graduate degree programmes are offered in English. English is ubiquitous both inside and outside the classroom. If you've mastered English, you'll feel right at home.
- Admission to our programmes is not based on an entrance exam. Anyone with the necessary background can apply.
- An engineering degree from KU Leuven's Group T campus is a stepping stone to universities and businesses worldwide. Our international network ensures that your degree is recognised by educational institutes and companies in Europe and across the globe.
- Leuven is one of Europe's oldest university towns and is located in the heart of Western Europe - just 20 minutes from Brussels, and within easy reach of Paris, Amsterdam, and London.
- Tuition fees are markedly lower than those of comparable universities in the US or the UK. Also, Leuven is a mid-sized university town, so cost-of-living expenses tend to be lower than those of other university towns.
- The International Office at KU Leuven, Group T Campus has years of experience in welcoming international students from universities worldwide.