Master-level studies involve specialized study in a field of research or an area of professional practice. Earning a master’s degree demonstrates a higher level of mastery of the subject. Earning a master’s degree can take anywhere from a year to three or four years. Before you can graduate, you usually must write and defend a thesis, a long paper that is the culmination of your specialized research.
The term area studies is generally applied to a variety of social science and humanities fields. Area studies utilize multiple academic fields of research to examine the geography, politics, and culture of a particular locale.
Russia or, also officially known as the Russian Federation, is a country in northern Eurasia. Education in Russia is provided predominantly by the state and is regulated by the Ministry of Education and Science. In Russia, it takes about 70 % of training time for the contact lessons with a teacher, the rest 30 % of the workload are devoted to the independent study of the material.
Moscow city is considered to have the most political influence in Russia. It home to some of the world’s billionaires. Moscow has over 11 million people and a vibrant economy. The city has 60 state universities and a majority of the student major in sciences.
Request Information Master's Degrees in Area studies in Moscow in Russia 2017
The MA programme has the distinction of being the only one given in English for Asian Studies in Russia, using written material in the languages of the area as the basic research resource. [+]
You will see what is really happening in Russia. You will understand the difference between myths about Russia and real processes, which are happening in Russia and post-Soviet States. You will learn [+]
Master in Russian Studies
POLITICAL RESEARCES OF RUSSIA AND POST-SOVIET STATES
You will see what is really happening in Russia. You will understand the difference between myths about Russia and real processes, which are happening in Russia and post-Soviet States. You will learn how it works from ‘the inside’ and will be able to compare the existing concepts and theories about Russia with real practice. You will get an access to the unique information data bases and technologies of work in Russia and will take part in political researches and campaigns.
Language of training: Russian and English
• first year – education in English + intensive studying of Russian... [-]
The program for the Master of Arts Degree in Regional Studies at the Institute of Foreign Languages of the Peoples’ Friendship University of Russia is unique in its content and structure. It makes a significant element in the studies of international relations. [+]
Master in Regional Studies (European Studies)Period of studies: 2 years ECTS credits: 120
The program for the Master of Arts Degree in Regional Studies at the Institute of Foreign Languages of the Peoples’ Friendship University of Russia is unique in its content and structure. It makes a significant element in the studies of international relations.
The program is specially designed to help the students gain a greater understanding of how the global system works. It forms the basis for the student to customize the degree by branching out into a specific region of his or her choice to study its geography, history, political developments, diplomacy, economy and so forth.... [-]
Peoples’ Friendship University of Russia announces the enrolling in the Master’s Degree Programme in Russian Studies [+]
Master - Russian Studies
Peoples’ Friendship University of Russia announces the enrolling in the Master’s Degree Programme in Russian Studies.
Our Programme is for those, who:
• want to learn about Russia, its modern international relations, political, social and economic conditions as well as various aspects of Russian language, literature, history and culture;
• seek to make a career in international trade and commerce, geopolitics, education, journalism or other related fields, or in scientific area;
• dream to study in Moscow with other students from other countries, in the international classical University, which holds a leading position in the rankings for several decades and has many years of experience in educating Russian and foreign students.Master’s Programme in Russia studies helps students to gain fundamental knowledge and skills in multidimensional studying of Russia. Master’s Programme has been developed for holders of diploma on higher education wishing to study modern issues and trends in the development of Russia.... [-]