Sustainable development has become a new paradigm of the 21st century, both in the public and private sectors, from the international to the local. In the tourism sector, this paradigm has crystallized in the idea of sustainable tourism, which focuses on the environmental, social and economic aspects of this sector. More and more public bodies, academic institutions, tourist destinations, companies and international organizations are concerned with integrating sustainability criteria into their policies.
Ostelea has decided to implement a Master's program in Sustainable Tourism Destinations and Territorial Tourism Planning , which aims to train professionals and managers to lead the change towards a more sustainable planning and management of tourism, whether in public administration or in the private sector.
This master is also taught in English in Barcelona.
Why study the Master in Sustainable Destinations in Ostelea
Topical theme in the sector
Sustainability has become in recent years an essential factor in the field of tourism.
Ostelea, pioneer school
The Ostelea Sustainable Destinations program is a pioneer within the schools of the sector.
It is taught in Barcelona, a city where eight field studies have been carried out on experiences in sustainable planning.
Expert teaching staff
The Cloister of Ostelea is composed of a group of experts in sustainability, both prominent professionals and academics, investigating first hand the emerging trends.
The academic content of the program has a detailed focus on research, both qualitatively and quantitatively.
Other outstanding values
- Ostelea is a member affiliated with the World Tourism Organization (UNWTO). Being part of the UNWTO in initiatives such as the Knowledge Network, guarantees the academic quality of the program.
- Research Group: part of the faculty of the master is integrated into the Multidisciplinary Research Group of Tourism (IDITUR), which focuses its scientific production in the field of international tourism management.
- Languages: English or French to choose.
The Master in Sustainable Destinations will allow you
- Know the sustainable tourism industry
Acquire knowledge of planning and management of tourist destinations by introducing sustainability criteria. Know the foundations of sustainable territorial development, tourism sustainability and its impact on the quality image of the destination.
- Development of strategic plans
Design strategies and plans to stimulate and differentiate tourism based on sustainable tourism management, both in mature and emerging destinations.
- Regulatory framework
Know the regulatory framework of territorial planning at different scales and its impact on the management of tourist destinations.
Detect business opportunities: analyze sustainability as a competitive advantage to design, promote and market new tourism products.
Know and apply information and communication technologies to tourist design and marketing. Train in the application of advanced methods and techniques for the development and efficient management of tourist products and destinations.
- Environmental impacts
Knowing the environmental impacts of tourism activity to propose alternative sustainable tourism planning and management.
Careers and career opportunities
Ostelea offers its students employability-oriented training, which is why it makes the following services available to students.
TSDP - (Tourism Skills Developement Program)
An exclusive program where they will learn to develop their skills and abilities.
The TSDP consists of 55 teaching hours that includes (limited places):
- Management Skills
- Public relations
- advanced Excel
- Turistic marketing
- Employability: 3 workshops focused on the selection process and improvement of candidacy
- Entrepreneurship: through the Entrepreneurs Project where they will receive advice
- Career Transition: 5 workshops to guide students about their professional future
- (To choose one)
Talent Tourism Week
With the presence of relevant companies in the sector that will present their offers and then interview potential students.
Companies participate by publishing their offers online and interviewing our students.
Meetings between national and international companies, where students can learn about the most demanded profiles in the sector.
Career opportunities in sustainable destinations
- Director of information, promotion and tourist marketing.
- Director of destination programs.
- Technician of planning and management of tourist destinations.
- Manager of specific tourism products.
- Technician of development of tourist product.
- Technical management of natural and cultural heritage.
- Local development agent.
- Analyst, consultant or adviser in the tourism sector.
Ostelea's Master's Degree in Sustainable Tourist Destinations and Territorial Tourist Planning is classified into 5 modules:
- Governance and sustainable management of tourism products and destinations
- Sustainable tourism development
- Evaluation, management and conservation of the natural heritage
- Tourism management of natural heritage from a sustainability perspective
- Master's thesis
The Master's Degree in Sustainable Tourist Destinations and Territorial Tourist Planning is directed by Claudio Milano , Doctor in Social and Cultural Anthropology from the Autonomous University of Barcelona. Master in Social and Cultural Anthropology (Cultural Differences and Transnational Processes) from the Autonomous University of Barcelona. Bachelor of Tourism at the Faculty of Economics of the Universitá degli Studi di Nápoles Federico II. Visiting Researcher at the Université Lumière Lyon II (France) and the Stockholm University (Sweden). Guest Professor at the Universidade Federal de Piauí (Brazil), at the Strathmore University in Nairobi (Kenya) and at the University of Colombo (Sri Lanka). Consultant for international agencies in India, Peru, Senegal and Brazil.
He is a member of several anthropological and tourism research networks: Observatory of Anthropology of Urban Conflict (OACU), Tourism, Multidisciplinary Research Group on Tourism (IDITUR-Ostelea) and the International Network of researchers in Tourism, Cooperation and Development (COODTUR) .
The admission process guarantees the suitability of the candidates for the Master Sustainable Destinations and Territorial Tourism Planning, in this way all participants will be able to take full advantage of this learning experience.
To start the admission process it is necessary to fill in the information request. From that moment Ostelea will contact the candidate to close an interview to which the following documentation must be submitted:
- University degree
- The Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter
- Two letters of recommendation
After finishing the interview, the Admissions Committee will analyze case by case and communicate the resolution to the candidate to inform him of the status of his admission.
- Master's Degree in Sustainable Tourism Management of Resources and Destinations, with a Specialty in Natural Heritage, from the University of Lleida (official)
- Master in Sustainable Tourist Destinations and Territorial Tourist Planning , by Ostelea School of Tourism & Hospitality (own)
- Master in Sustainable Tourist Destinations and Territorial Tourist Planning , by EAE Business School (own)
In order to obtain the degrees that EAE and the University grant, it is necessary to comply with the requirements requested by said institutions.
Ostelea makes available to the candidates, for the Master in event organization and protocol, scholarships consisting of financial aid with the aim of supporting our students.
Each application will be studied independently, it will be granted during the admission process and it will be communicated personally by the Admissions Committee before the formalization of the registration.
Scholarships representing 100% of the total enrollment fee will not be awarded in any case.
The economic aid will be offered in the following cases:
- Advance reservation of place.
- Adequacy of the profile to the requirements of each program.
- Former students of the school. In this case, a 25% discount will be applied to the enrollment.
About the School
Somos un centro universitario internacional especializado en la formación de líderes, directivos y técnicos especializados en la industria del Hospitality