Read the Official Description
Last updated November 15, 2018
Sustainable development has become a new paradigm of the 21st century, both in the public and private sectors, from the international to the local. In the tourism sector, this paradigm has crystallized in the idea of sustainable tourism, which focuses on the environmental, social and economic aspects of this sector. More and more public bodies, academic institutions, tourist destinations, companies and international organizations are concerned with integrating sustainability criteria into their policies.
Ostelea has decided to implement a Master's program in Sustainable Tourism Destinations and Territorial Tourism Planning , which aims to train professionals and managers to lead the change towards a more sustainable planning and management of tourism, whether in public administration or in the private sector.
Meet the latest study by Ostelea on "Ecological and Sustainable Tourism in Spain", which analyzes and observes one of the forms of tourism that has experienced greater growth in recent years.
This master is also taught in English. For more information click here.
Reasons to study the Master
Topical theme in the sector
- Sustainability has become in recent years an essential factor in the field of tourism.
Ostelea, pioneer school
- The Ostelea Sustainable Destinations program is a pioneer within the schools of the sector.
- It is taught in Barcelona, a city where eight field studies have been carried out on experiences in sustainable planning.
Expert teaching staff
- The Cloister of Ostelea is composed of a group of experts in sustainability, both prominent professionals and academics, investigating first hand the emerging trends.
- The academic content of the program has a detailed focus on research, both qualitatively and quantitatively.
Other outstanding values
- Ostelea is a member affiliated with the World Tourism Organization (UNWTO). Being part of the UNWTO in initiatives such as the Knowledge Network, guarantees the academic quality of the program.
- Research Group: part of the faculty of the master is integrated into the Multidisciplinary Research Group of Tourism (IDITUR), which focuses its scientific production in the field of international tourism management.
- Languages: English or French to choose.
The Master's Degree in Sustainable Tourism Destinations and Territorial Tourism Planning will allow you to:
TO KNOW THE SUSTAINABLE TOURISM INDUSTRY
Acquire knowledge of planning and management of tourist destinations introducing sustainability criteria. Know the basics of sustainable territorial development, tourism sustainability and its impact on the quality image of the destination.
DEVELOPMENT OF STRATEGIC PLANS
Design strategies and plans for tourism dynamism and differentiation based on sustainable tourism management, both in mature and emerging destinations.
Knowing the regulatory framework of territorial planning at different scales and its impact on the management of tourist destinations.
Detect business opportunities: analyze sustainability as a competitive advantage to design, promote and market new tourism products.
Know and apply information and communication technologies to tourism design and marketing. Train in the application of advanced methods and techniques for the development and efficient management of tourism products and destinations.
Know the environmental impacts of tourism activity to propose alternative planning and sustainable tourism management.
The Master's Degree in Sustainable Tourism Destinations and Territorial Tourism Planning of Ostelea is classified into 5 modules:
- Governance and sustainable management of tourism products and destinations
Sustainable tourism development
Evaluation, management and conservation of the natural heritage
Tourism management of natural heritage from a sustainability perspective
Admission and Titling Process
The admission process guarantees the suitability of the candidates, in this way all the participants will be able to take full advantage of this learning experience.
To start the admission process it is necessary to fill in the information request. From that moment Ostelea will contact the candidate to close an interview to which the following documentation must be submitted:
- University degree
- The Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter
- Two letters of recommendation
After finishing the interview, the Admissions Committee will analyze case by case and communicate the resolution to the candidate to inform him of the status of his admission.
The student who successfully completes the program will obtain TRIPLE TITLE:
Master's Degree in Sustainable Tourism Destinations and Territorial Tourism Planning , by Ostelea School of Tourism
Master's Degree in Sustainable Tourism Destinations and Territorial Tourism Planning , by EAE Business School (PROPIO)
Ostelea offers its students a training oriented to employability
That is why it makes available to the students the TSDP (Tourism Skills Development Program) as well as a package of services whose objective is to guide and accompany them to achieve their professional objectives. These services include ( subject to convocation) :
- Itineraries (to choose one): Employability - Entrepreneurship - Career Transaction
- Talent Week
- Employment forum
- Graduate Program
- Company Meetings
The TSDP (Tourism Skills Development Program) includes (limited places):
- Management Skills
- Public relations
- advanced Excel
- Turistic marketing
For this Master we highlight the following Professional Outputs:
- Director of information, promotion and tourist marketing.
- Director of destination programs.
- Technician of planning and management of tourist destinations.
- Manager of specific tourism products.
- Technician of development of tourist product.
- Technical management of natural and cultural heritage.
- Local development agent.
- Analyst, consultant or adviser in the tourism sector.
This school offers programs in: