- Faculty Name: Faculty of Civil Engineering and Building Services
- Study domain: Civil Engineering
- Name of the university program: Structural Engineering
- Language of instruction: This study program is offered both in English and Romanian.
- Type of studies (full time, part time, distance learning): Full time
- Standard length of studies (in years) & number of semesters: 2 years/4 semesters
- Number of ECTS Credits (on semester and on length of studies): 30 credits/semester, 120 credits in total
- Academic calendar (starting and ending dates of the courses): October 1st – June 30th. Extended to September 30th for re-examinations.
Master Program “Structural Engineering” is a modern interdisciplinary study program offered at the Faculty of Civil Engineering since 2005-2006, the first master program taught in English in the field of Civil Engineering from Romania. The master program is intended to help the students gain expertise in designing civil engineering structures, develop skills in construction project management, finite element analysis and not only. The program gives additional qualifications on Management of European and international research projects and Business communication and ethics/legislation.
During the first year, the student will be acquainted with both theoretical concepts and practical methods to assess the complex behavior of structural elements and civil engineering structures subjected to static and dynamic loads. At the same time, advanced numerical modeling techniques will be presented as a necessary step towards an efficient design process both from a structural and resource management point of view.
During the second year, the student will continue his/her training in the advanced topics of civil engineering with the added bonus of complimentary topics that will help develop his/her business communication skills, better understand the concept of ethics in civil engineering and enhanced qualifications in project management.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 20, 2018