- Type of education: Face-to-face.
- Number of new entry places offered: 40
- Total credits: 60
- Languages taught: Spanish.
- Guide price: € 45.02 per credit.
- Master's Scholarship: see relevant information here .
The Master's Degree in Religious Sciences is interdepartmental, inter-disciplinary and interdisciplinary. It brings together a large number of specialists in the various sciences who are responsible for the analysis of the religious phenomenon and allows a diversified, specialized, attractive and quality offer. Thanks to its open vision, it allows the real and effective mobility of students and professors between the various participating institutions, as well as the initiation of the former in the most varied lines of research. It is also the only Master in his specialty that exists today in Spain and that includes in its training offer extensive academic content of specialization and research of the highest quality, making it possible to continue training with a Doctorate Program.
Academic year 2020-21
|603782||Worship and Ritual in Ancient Religions||Optional||6.0||Yes|
|603777||Ecclesiastical Law of the State||Optional||6.0||Yes|
|603780||Aesthetics and Symbology of Religions||Optional||6.0||Yes|
|603770||Phenomenology and Anthropology of Religions||Mandatory||6.0||Yes|
|603778||Philosophy and Religion||Optional||6.0||Yes|
|603771||History of Religions||Mandatory||6.0||Yes|
|603776||Literature and Society||Optional||6.0||Yes|
|603781||Magic: Rites and Beliefs||Optional||6.0||Yes|
|603779||Psychology, Meditation and Spirituality||Optional||6.0||Yes|
|603772||Theories and Methodologies of the Study of Religions||Mandatory||6.0||Yes|
|603775||Texts of Buddhism, Taoism and Hinduism||Optional||6.0||Yes|
|603773||Monotheistic Religious Texts: Judaism and Islam||Optional||6.0||Yes|
|603774||Texts and Documents for the Study of Ancient Christianity||Optional||6.0||Yes|
|603783||Final Master's Project (Religious Sciences)||End of Master's Project||12.0||Yes|
The Master's Degree in Religious Sciences is interdepartmental, inter-disciplinary and interdisciplinary. It brings together a large number of specialists in the various sciences who are responsible for the analysis of the religious phenomenon and allows a diversified, specialized, attractive and quality offer. Thanks to its open vision, it allows the real and effective mobility of students and professors between the various participating institutions, as well as the initiation of the former in the most varied lines of research.
It is also the only University Master's Degree in its specialty verified by ANECA that exists today in Spain and which includes in its training offer extensive academic content of specialization and research of the highest quality, enabling the continuation of training with a Doctorate Program. From the scientific point of view and its academic contents, this University Master offers a broad interdisciplinary program with the aim of providing students with a complete and transversal specialization in the various fields that make up the study of religion (Phenomenology, Anthropology, Philosophy , Psychology, History, criticism of literary sources ...), as well as in the disciplines, research traditions, documentary records, methods and analysis techniques that operate in these fields.
The Master's Degree in Religion Sciences is preferably aimed at graduates or graduates from the branches of Humanities and Social and Legal Sciences, and in general from any field that is directly related to any of the content offered and that provides research knowledge and skills that allow you to complete the program satisfactorily.
Admission to the Master's Degree must be ratified by the Academic Coordination Commission, which will study the documentation submitted by the candidates and will assess, among others, the following merits: academic record, curriculum vitae and adequacy of previous training to the contents of the Master.
Why study this master?
- Because it is the only University Master's Degree in its specialty verified by ANECA that exists today in Spanish public universities and includes in its training offer comprehensive academic content of complete and transversal specialization and high-quality research, allowing subsequent access to the Program of Doctorate.
- For the quality of the teaching of its professors, who are part of the University Institute of Sciences of Religions (UCM), backed by extensive experience, to which is added an intense and diversified research work. In addition, there will be the collaboration of visiting professors from other Spanish universities and external specialists of recognized prestige.
- For the conception of the contents and the way of transmitting them, through dynamic classes and work methodologies based on the combination of theory and practice.
- Because of the importance of being able to pursue postgraduate studies at an International University Campus officially classified as Excellence.
- For having a Campus integrated in the city of Madrid itself that has good educational, cultural and sports facilities and excellent accessibility both by public and private transport.
- If you are interested in pursuing an academic and research career, the next step is the Doctorate, and we also offer a Doctorate Program in Religious Sciences, also verified by ANECA and adapted to the EHEA.
- From a professional point of view, the University Master's Degree is highly valued to carry out work in any public or private institution (be it educational, health, non-governmental organizations, public administrations, bodies and state security forces, etc.) in which the knowledge of the different religious and cultural realities is a key instrument for an optimal quality of the service provided.
Admission requirements for masters
Non-enabling university masters
- Be in possession of any of the following titles:
- Spanish official university degree.
- Title issued by an institution of the European Higher Education Area (EHEA) and empowering in the country of issue for access to Master's education.
- Title of educational systems outside the EHEA that empowers in the country of issuance for access to Master's education, homologated or declared equivalent to the degree and academic level of Degree or Degree by the Ministry of Education and Vocational Training . In case of lacking the mentioned homologation or equivalency, it will be necessary to have authorization or access permission granted by this University.
- Or be carrying out during the course in which you pre-enroll studies leading to the obtaining of any of the previous degrees and be in a position to prove the obtaining of the same before September 30, 2020 .
- In addition, students from foreign educational systems, whose mother tongue is different from Spanish, must prove level B2 of the Spanish language (or higher) .
- Specific requirements that any of the requested masters may have. You can consult it by accessing the website of the Master itself.
About the School
La Universidad Complutense de Madrid (UCM) es una institución de larga trayectoria y amplio reconocimiento social que aspira a situarse entre las primeras universidades de Europa y a consolidarse como ... Read More