Official Degree: University Master's Degree in Product Design
Duration / ECTS: 10 months / 60 ECTS
Places / Campus: 25 / Alfara
Taught in: Spanish
Face-to-face modality Kaboompics .com / Pexels
I direct to
Academic fees and grants
|Graduates, Diplomas or Degrees in Industrial and Graphic Design, Industrial Design Engineering and Product Development. As well as other higher or middle degrees related to the activity.|
|Check the academic rates of this Master. The San Pablo CEU University Foundation is the educational institution that allocates the most money in Spain to investing in scholarships and grants.|
- CG1. That students are able to analyze and synthesize ideas and knowledge for decision-making and adaptation to change in project processes in the field of design and graphic communication.
- CG2. That students are able to apply negotiation and consensus techniques for their integration into interdisciplinary work teams necessary for the development of graphic design and communication projects.
- CG3. That students be able to analyze, evaluate and relate the various areas of knowledge that converge in the professional practice of the graphic designer and communicator.
- CG4. That the students are able to update their knowledge, to adapt both to technological changes and to new situations, constant in the professional activity of the designer and graphic communicator.
- CG5 That the students demonstrate ethical and professional awareness, as well as active respect, both for people and for the environment, in the development of graphic design and communication projects.
- CG6. That the students demonstrate to be able to understand and value the current society and culture, essential in the design processes of graphic design and communication.
The specific competences associated with the degree are:
- CE1. That the student is able to know and apply the techniques and software tools necessary for the development of product design proposals.
- CE2. That the student is able to understand and apply contemporary visual culture in the field of product design.
- CE3. That students are able to analyze and apply the different theories of Design Culture applicable to the product design project.
- CE4. That the student is able to integrate the design processes with the business strategy through design management.
- CE5. That the student is able to identify new ways of undertaking, new markets and new ways of developing their profession.
- CE6. That the student is able to propose and transmit information, ideas, concepts and solutions adapted to any product design problem.
- CE7. That the student is able to integrate and apply the fundamentals of design: theoretical, functional, aesthetic, technical, cultural, social, economic and environmental, to any product design project.
- CE8. That the student is able to identify and analyze the economic, political and cultural factors that influence the environment and the social context of application of the product design project.
- CE9. That the student is able to apply creative concepts, techniques and tools that allow him to develop ideas.
- CE10. That the student is able to apply communication techniques and tools for the development of projects.
- CE11. That the student is able to manage the process of industrial development of a product, from the conceptualization and definition phase, to the choice of materials and adaptation to industrial processes.
- CE12. That the student is able to identify and apply technologies and industrial processes, according to productive and cost criteria.
- CE13. That the student is able to know, select and apply rapid prototyping technologies.
- CE14. That the student is able to analyze and use various sources of information for knowledge and development of trend values.
- CE15. That the student is able to apply trend studies for the generation of innovative proposals for new products.
- CE16. That the student is able to know and apply research methodologies of the design of new products.
- CE17. That the student is able to develop projects for the design of articles and children's equipment.
- CE18. That the student is able to develop projects for the design of home equipment.
- CE19. That the student is able to develop design projects for car equipment.
- CE20. That the student is able to develop design projects of equipment for the nautical sector.
- CE21. That the student is able to develop luminaire design projects.
- CE22. That the student is able to develop equipment design projects for public and private collective spaces.
- CE23. That the student is able to develop furniture projects.
- CE24. That the student be able to develop product design projects.
The professional profile is that of a designer specialized in product, who is able to solve projects in different fields and, therefore, will be prepared to meet a vision of the most global and complete profession.
There are different and varied possibilities of exercising the profession of designer. On the one hand, there is the option to work as a freelance designer with your own studio, and on the other, as an integrated designer in a department of a company.
That makes us different?
1. 25 years of experience training professionals
For 25 years, the Higher School of Technical Education has set as its objective the training of designers capable of facing challenges, capable of serving users and offering products and services that allow us to understand social needs, capable of integrating into productive dynamics and business in the search for innovations, able to understand the market as something alive, changing and sometimes uncertain.
Professionals such as Héctor Serrano, Miguel Herranz, Joaquín García, Alberto Cienfuegos, Inma Bermúdez, Xavi Calvo (Estudio Mint), José Aranda, Paula Aloy and Carlos Velasco (Enblanc), Clara del Portillo (Yonoh), Nacho Carbonell have trained with us , etc.
The value of studying the title of University Master in Product Design at the CEU UCH, lies in this differentiation of the focus on training, strongly linked to professionals and professional activity. A training that allows the student to develop projects in each of the fields of product design, placing the student directly in the labor and professional market, mainly through contact with active professionals and the business network throughout of your training
2. First level teachers
The University Master's Degree in Product Design counts as teachers, among others: Héctor Serrano, Enrique Miñarro, Borja García, ODOSDESIGN, EnBlanc, Marcelo Alegre, Yonoh Estdio, Luis Eslava, Marcelo Martínez Lax and a long etc.
3. Global vision
Designing is today a complex process of integration of knowledge and experiences, of knowledge and cultures, of technology and psychology, which allows decisions to be made to create objects, spaces and services close to people. A process that aims to serve society. And at the same time, a process that aims to serve the productive and business sectors that "need" to innovate in their products and services to serve an increasingly complex, globalized and competitive market.
4. Professional conferences and meetings
Among the activities developed, both meetings, conferences and conferences, it is worth noting the well-known 1000 hours of design organized by the Higher School of Technical Education for years, with highly regarded professionals in the world of design: Miquel Milá, Paco Bascuñan, Nacho Lavernia, Pepe Gimeno, Marisa Gallén, Juli Capella, Vicent Martínez, Lola Castelló, Mariscal, and so many others.
In the last three years, the technical education high school organizes the OFF DESIGN conference, with a multidisciplinary format in which the center of the activity is based on creativity: workshops, debates and workshops for a small group of students who for a week they are in contact with a large number of professionals, among which we can highlight Luis Eslava, Nacho Carbonell, Miguel Herranz, La Granja, EnBlanc Graphic Mint, etc., most of them trained at the School; and for the 2012 edition: Inma Bermúdez, Belén Payá, Ramón Esteve, Xavi Calvo (MentaGráfica), Xavi Mañoso (Aparatu), with the unique collaboration of the company Gandía Blasco, where students will develop a workshop with Studio Banana.
5. Leadership Program integrated in the Master
This master's degree includes the Leadership Program of the Center for Creative Leadership (CCL), one of the leading leadership training institutions in more than 120 countries.
The CCL training has been recognized among the top 10 in the world by the Financial Times. In Spain, this program can only be taken in the CEU postgraduate courses.
6. Title Ten Update
This master incorporates the Ten Update service. In the CEU UCH, the student who has completed a Ten Update degree will have free access, during the next 10 years, to the updated contents of the syllabus through his Intranet, as well as to certain activities, seminars, workshops and masterclass that are carried out as part of the Master or Own Title. Each course, the University will inform all former students of the title of the new content and activities available.
- Prepare the student for their labor incorporation in the specific industrial sector.
- Complete design training from the perspective of the new needs of the industry.
- To promote the exchange between designers and students by integrating the professionals of the sector in the teaching practice. The studies offered are a reference Master in the industrial sector to which they are oriented thanks to the participation of leading companies in the sector and the professionals with greater experience in them. The professional profile is that of a designer specialized in the area of product design and development for different industrial sectors.
- The degree qualifies with the knowledge and specialized project experience, necessary for the specific processes to each field of the design that undertakes the degree.
- Product design includes a projective, technological and creative activity. It is the designer's job to define something that lacks a physical entity to be produced through limited technical and human means. The knowledge that the designer must handle when designing covers the aesthetic, sociological and cultural aspects as well as the economic, productive and technological aspects.
- Designers are socially responsible for the creation and configuration of our material environment through the objects and products that surround us (industrial or product design), the messages we perceive (graphic design or visual communication) and the spaces we inhabit (interior design). It is a profession linked to industrial production, and in the current context of globalized markets, its importance increases to the extent that it provides added and differentiating value to objects and messages.
- The design has established several areas of action or specialties that also determine the contents of the academic degrees taught at the School. For its part, the Product Design includes the design of furniture, lighting, transport, toys, appliances, packaging, footwear, etc., which will be developed in the university master's degree in product design.
What is an Official or University Master?
- University (or official) master's degrees have been verified and certified by the competent body (National Agency for Quality Assessment and Accreditation, ANECA), under the Ministry of Education. Unlike the degree itself, which is verified by the university itself.
- Being official, it is approved and recognized in any country of the European Higher Education Area.
- The official degree allows future access to a PhD program.
- The Official Master awards points in the Public Administration competitions or competitions, while the Own Titles punctuate as Continuous Training. In business, both are equally valid.
About the School
Somos una Universidad católica, pionera en el desarrollo de proyectos educativos innovadores. Estamos orientados a ayudar a las personas que aprenden con nosotros a entender la disciplina que estudian ... Read More