Due to the high demand of society and little training by professionals around the health and prescription of physical exercise in people with specific requirements, the idea of a Master in Physical Activity, Health and Pathologies is born to prepare professionals who are able to work properly with people with different pathologies, such as cancer, diabetes, obesity, etc.
The present Master aims to train people who want to work in health centers or training aimed at this type of population. For this we will use a training model based on research and acquisition of knowledge and specific skills that qualify it to successfully perform individualized training in areas of fitness, wellness, sports and health and rehabilitation centers. This Master's Degree in Physical Activity, Health and Pathologies will provide students with an eminently practical education for which there is a specialized faculty of recognition and national and international prestige that will bring a realistic and innovative vision of the professional sector.
What we offer?
To facilitate the teaching-learning process of students, several aspects have been considered. The Master will be taught according to the methodology based on ECTS credits following the criterion of the student's active participation in the learning process.
The sessions are not considered as a mere transmission of knowledge from the teacher to the students, but as learning by the student through scenarios that allow their direct interaction with the problem analyzed, all within a simulated context that tries to reproduce the reality of the professional. This methodological intention not only supposes to promote the acquisition of knowledge but also the development of competences and favorable attitudes for the solution of the problems that arise in these social contexts.
During the academic year, interspersed, theoretical and practical sessions will be taught with the idea of strengthening the content applied to students and that they acquire real techniques and tools for implementation in the patient.
Internships and master's thesis
All the students participating in the Master's Degree in Physical Activity, Health and Pathologies have the option of doing some external internships (voluntary-non-evaluable). To this end, the center itself has collaborating institutions and companies with which to carry out these practices or students can search for them and sign an agreement with the CEU San Pablo Andalucía Foundation.
The internships last 100 hours, which can be done during the academic year 2019-2020.
- Achieve the most current scientific knowledge and methodological resources for the prevention and improvement of pathologies and risk factors for health that are susceptible to improvement through physical exercise.
- Know the basic aspects of functional anatomy, biomechanics, bioenergetics and human nutrition.
- Know and apply the different methods of evaluation and training of the components of healthy physical condition.
- Know the fundamental aspects and prescription of exercise in each pathology.
- To know the consequences of each pathology in the acute physiological responses to exercise and in the chronic adaptations to training.
- Learn to perform the previous evaluations required by each pathology.
- Facilitate the adherence of patients to the regular practice of physical exercise.
- Learn to develop a work of physical condition in kinesitherapy rooms.
- Use water as a means of improving the different physical qualities in the patient.
- Module 1 || Presentation, contextualization, electronic recourses and scientific knowledge.
- Module 2 || Molecular biology: Effects of physical exercise.
- Module 3 || Evaluation of physical activity, physical condition and health.
- Module 4 || Physical activity for health in the aquatic environment.
- Module 5 || Physiotherapy and rehabilitation in kinesitherapy room.
- Module 6 || Prescription of physical exercise in pathologies.
- Module 7 || Affective processes. Self-esteem and quality of life in flattering and elderly people.
- Module 8 || Optimization of food for health.
- Module 9 || Final Master's Project (TFM).
This Master has a cost of € 3,950
For registration before July 31, 2019 the cost will be € 3,650
Way to pay
€ 1,000 when registering and direct debits of the same amount each: € 878 for registrations prior to July 31, 2019 and € 983.33 for registrations as of August 1, 2019 (November 10, 2019, 10) December 2019 and January 10, 2020).
Our goal is to ensure that students have a more competitive training and linked to the needs of companies through their official practices.
* The CEU Graduate Institute reserves the ability to introduce modifications to the calendar and / or schedules due to academic requirements.
Program taught in: