The Master in Marketing, Consultancy and Political Communication is the main reference of this discipline in Spain, having been considered in the years 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016 as the best Master's Degree in Communication , according to the prestigious Masters ranking developed annually by the newspaper El Mundo . Its training program responds to the growing demand of communication professionals in organizations with a strategic focus. It offers, for those who wish to specialize in this field, the necessary theoretical and practical tools for the design and implementation of effective and effective political and institutional communication strategies.
- Develop the knowledge and skills necessary for a correct professional performance in marketing and political communication always within the governmental, administrative and / or institutional scope.
- To train professionals with a global knowledge of all areas related to political marketing, who at the same time have the skills to respond to the multiple tasks that they deal with in companies that are dedicated to these market areas.
- Develop a comprehensive and global thinking of political marketing, of political communication in particular, and of political consultancy in general.
- To know in depth the different consulting techniques, the processes that affect political communication and political marketing techniques; and the strategies and resources necessary to implement, manage and enhance the marketing of organizations and institutions.
- Acquire integral competences on the social and organizational context in which political marketing is developed in order to identify public, interlocutors, actors and agents of communication, as well as the communication and marketing tools required to interact with each one.
- Acquire skills to adapt to the common work of political consultants, in communication teams and political marketing management, and in complementary areas of consulting, where it is essential, from knowing how to prepare a project to having the ability to present a good report.
- Enhance and develop managerial skills to successfully exercise responsibilities in organizations and institutions that use marketing and communication.
The Master offers a route of specialization in political consulting, which will allow students to know the techniques and dynamics necessary for their incorporation into this market. The student will obtain an advanced global vision, which will allow him to carry out his career in a wide variety of organizations and institutions, both public and private. In this sense, the professional insertion of the students includes political parties, public institutions, companies, non-governmental organizations, and communication or political consulting companies.
MODULE I: Advanced Theory and Methodology of Marketing and Political Communication
- Theory and methods in research. (6 ETCS) (OB)
MODULE II: Techniques and instruments of Marketing, Consultancy and Political Communication
- Research techniques: in political marketing and political consulting (6 ETCS) (OB)
- Political communication techniques (3 ETCS) (OB)
- Marketing tools (3 ETCS) (OB)
MODULE III: Institutional and Government Marketing and Communication
- Institutional Marketing (3 ETCS) (OB)
- Politics and Communication 2.0 (3 ETCS) (OB)
- Institutional communication (3 ETCS) (OB)
- Crisis management (3 ETCS) (OB)
MODULE IV: Consultancy, Marketing and Political-Electoral Communication
- Planning and direction of campaigns (3 ETCS) (OP)
- The consultant and campaign management (3 ETCS) (OP)
- Government and campaign (3 ETCS) (OP)
- Electoral scenarios (3 ETCS) (OP)
MODULE V: Political Consulting
- Consultancy in public administration (3 ETCS) (OP)
- Consulting tools (6 ETCS) (OP)
- Types of consultancy (3 ETCS) (OP)
- Graduates in Political Science
- Graduates in Journalism or Information Sciences
- Graduates in Economics
- Graduates in Business Administration and Management
- Graduates in Advertising and Public Relations
- Graduates in Management and Public Administration
- Law graduates
All university degrees that allow access to Master's studies. The Master's Degree in Marketing, Consultancy and Political Communication can be carried out both at the University of Santiago de Compostela and at the headquarters of Instituto Universitario de Investigación Ortega y Gasset . However, the registration process will be carried out only at the University of Santiago through its virtual secretariat. Information about the registration process will be updated in each call.
For access to a Master's Degree in Marketing, Consultancy and Political Communication, it is necessary to hold a university degree or undergraduate degree or another issued by a higher education institution belonging to the European Higher Education Area (EHEA).
In the case of graduates in educational systems outside the EHEA, they will be admitted without having to approve their qualifications, as long as they accredit a level of training equivalent to the respective official Spanish university degrees, and submit the title issued by their respective countries. access to postgraduate training. This way will not suppose, in no case, the homologation of the title, nor its recognition to other effects that the one of studying the teachings of Máster.
- Curriculum vitae
- Brief explanatory report of the reasons for carrying out the program (20-25 lines)
- Photocopy of the passport or DNI with the original certificate
- 2 Passport size photos
- Legalized photocopy of the Superior Degree of graduate and graduate with the original certification
- Letters of recommendation (optional)
- Legalized photocopy of the certification of the studies carried out that shows the official duration, in academic years, of the study plan followed, the courses taken and the workload of each of them with the original certification.
In addition, graduates from outside the European Higher Education Area, or without an approved foreign higher education degree, must submit:
- Certification of the University in which the studies have been completed and in which it is clear that these qualify for access to postgraduate studies in the issuing country. Students with foreign qualifications not approved or in process of approval must present the documents duly legalized and translated into Spanish, if applicable.
The Instituto Universitario de Investigación Ortega y Gasset notify the student of the pre-admission, and from that moment on, he will have a period of 10 days to formalize the reservation of the place.
In the case of the extraordinary pre-admission period, the delivery of the documentation described above must be made before September 30.
If there is any vacant place, a second special pre-admission period will be opened, in which the previously described documentation must be submitted and the reservation formalized before September 30th.
The students of Instituto Universitario de Investigación Ortega y Gasset enrolled in the official Master's programs may apply for a scholarship from the Institute's Excellence Program. These scholarships will cover 30% of the tuition fee, excluding the fees paid to the University of reference.
Each student wishing to apply for an Excellence Scholarship will have to submit to the Institute's secretariat an application instance stating:
- Personal information
- The Master in which he is enrolled
- The documentation that contributes
- The scholarships that you have requested or intend to apply for in any public or private call
The scholarship application must be made at the time of registration, no later than September 10, 2019.
The application for the scholarship must be sent to the Institute's secretariat at the same time the payment of the reservation of the place is made.
The criteria for granting the scholarships are: academic record (70%), personal or family situation (10%), residence outside of Madrid in the year prior to enrollment (10%), and personal motivation (10%). Students must submit documentation that certifies each of these criteria and may attach two letters of recommendation from teachers. The Institute may request the selected students to prove the authenticity of the documents submitted with originals or certified copies.
The Academic Commission that grants the scholarships will be integrated by the director of the Institute, the general director of the José Ortega y Gasset - Gregorio Marañón Foundation and two professors of the Institute appointed at the proposal of the director of the Institute and the general director. The directors of each Master will send to the Institute's address, before November 15 of each year, a motivated report, according to the aforementioned criteria, with a scholarship award proposal in which a priority will be established among the students who have requested scholarship in his Master. The Commission, according to the reports received, will raise a scholarship award proposal before December 1 of each year.
The Excellence Scholarships of Instituto Universitario de Investigación Ortega y Gasset are incompatible with any other public or private scholarship granted to the student to take the Master in which he has enrolled in the Institute. The scholarship holder is obliged to inform the Institute of any other scholarship granted, within a period of 10 days from its granting. The Institute will claim the student the amount that would have been granted for the Excellence Scholarship of the Institute if this circumstance occurred.
The amount of the scholarship will be applied to the last term of the payment of the tuition. The Institute may request scholarship students to perform extracurricular practices in support of the teaching, research and cultural activities of the institution, which will be recognized by a certificate . These practices do not imply a labor or commercial relationship with the institution or be remunerated.
Scholarships of the ALUMNI Program
Former students of Instituto Universitario de Investigación Ortega y Gasset will be entitled to a 5% discount on any new program they enroll. This discount, which will be considered a scholarship, will be applied to the tuition fee, excluding the fees paid to the University of reference. The discount will be applied in the last installment of the tuition payment.
To apply for this scholarship, the student will have to submit an application to the Institute's secretariat, as well as the documentation that proves that he or she has been a student of the Institute.
In no case, this discount will be applied to second or successive enrollments of subjects that have not been approved or to subjects of the same program that have not been completed in the first year of enrollment.
Discount for prompt payment
Students who formalize the first payment of their enrollment in any official Master of the Institute before May 16, this included, will be entitled to a scholarship of 5% discount of the tuition fee, excluding the fees paid to the University of reference.
The discount will be applied in the last installment of the tuition payment. Students must submit an application to the secretary of the Institute, along with proof of the first payment before May 16.
Find out about the preferred financing conditions for your postgraduate studies. We believe that economic issues should not be an obstacle in your training.