You will train as an expert in the direction and strategic management of international organizations.
Focused on creating experts in international business, international economic relations and foreign trade management with a practical and operational vision of the sector.
- You will be trained to manage merger, expansion and strategic alliances at an international level.
- You will delve into the political-economic, geostrategic and corporate diplomacy keys in global markets.
Characteristics of the Master in Trade and International Economic Relations
You will acquire skills for the management and international direction of companies
- Start Date: 23 October 2020
- Duration: 9 months
- Modality: Face-to-face
- ECTS: 60
- Language: Spanish
- Campus: Madrid Alcobendas
- University: Universidad Europea of Madrid
- Knowledge Area: Business and technology
- Type of Study: Master and Postgraduate
- Faculty: Faculty of Social Sciences and Communication
Differential Values of the Master in Trade and Economic Relations
- 89 Employability Rate . 89% of our students get a job in less than 12 months after finishing their studies
- 23 International Students . 23% of our students are international, which enriches the exchange of experiences
- 1 International Travel . You will visit the most relevant European institutions, such as the European Central Bank
Profile of new entry and access routes to the degree
Graduates of the traditional degrees in Business Administration, Economics, Engineering and other Social Sciences degrees, such as Law. Likewise, it may be relevant for graduates of degrees in the area of communication, and for those who want to develop their entrepreneurial spirit and management skills in an international context. On the other hand, it is closely linked to the new degrees in management and business creation, in finance and marketing, as well as in law, as a specialization in its training.
For access to the master's degree, the student is required by law in accordance with the provisions of RD 1393/2007:
- Be in possession of an official Spanish university degree or another issued by a higher education institution of the European Higher Education Area that they empower in the issuing country.
- Likewise, graduates in accordance with educational systems outside the European Higher Education Area will be able to access without having their qualifications approved, after verification by the University that they accredit a level of training equivalent to the corresponding official Spanish university qualifications and that empower in the country issuing the degree for access to postgraduate education. Access by this means will not imply, in any case, the homologation of the previous qualification that the interested party is in possession, nor its recognition for other purposes than that of taking the Master's degrees.
The admission process for the programs of the Graduate School of the Universidad Europea is open throughout the year, although enrollment in any of its programs is subject to the existence of vacancies.
After informing yourself, you must provide the required documentation:
- Admission request
- Copy of DNI or NIE
- Copy of the University Degree
The Alcobendas campus is a different campus aimed at Business + Entrepreneurship.
It is located in the middle of the Business Park in the north of Madrid, this campus, equipped with modern and avant-garde facilities that invite learning and the development of new ideas, is conceived as a unique place where the University is in permanent contact with the business world, which is undoubtedly a key factor for the integral development of our students.
You will study surrounded by successful entrepreneurs and mentors. You can put your ideas into motion in the Emprende Hub, a space within the Universidad Europea dedicated to learning, work and creativity. An incubator for new business projects whose objective is to grow the ideas of our students in which to enrich the initiatives with the support of technological resources and specialized training to be able to successfully tackle the mission of making them come true in a solid and sustainable way. You can learn, share and participate in forums and events with the best companies and professionals. A learning model designed to accelerate your success.
Study Plan and Subjects
At the end of this program, the student receives the official title of University Master's Degree in International Trade and Economic Relations issued by the Universidad Europea of Madrid.
Structure of the curriculum
The Master's Degree in International Trade and Economic Relations has a professionalizing and investigative nature. The Master's training program has 60 ECTS credits and consists of the ten learning areas (modules) in its two itineraries:
- Module I: Management Skills for International Environments
- Module II: International Economic Environment
- Module III: International Financing
- Module IV: Geoeconomic Areas: Developed Economies
- Module V: Geoeconomic Areas: Emerging Economies
- Module VI: Business Internationalization Strategies / Module VI: Quantitative Methods
- Module VII: Foreign Trade Instruments I / Module VII: Economic Research
- Module VIII: Foreign Trade Instruments II / Module VIII: Business Research
- Module IX: Professional Practices
- Module X: Final Master Project
In the Master's Degree in International Trade and Economic Relations we have professionals from important companies who participate by teaching in the Master, bringing the professional reality closer to the student through the analysis of real cases. Some of these companies are:
- Maersk Line
- Esteban G. Vigil Foundation
What will your EU experience be like?
Methodology of the Master in Trade and International Economic Relations
- The Master will provide you with a specific qualification in the field of management within international economic organizations and in international business management.
- With this degree, you will learn about global business strategies and what instruments are applied to foreign trade, while at the same time delving into the political-economic keys of the most competitive economies and emerging countries. They will also be taught to manage crisis processes, mergers, expansions and integrations with other companies.
- The objective of the Master will be to create experts in international business, international economic relations and foreign trade management with a practical and operational vision of the sector, fostering the spirit of entrepreneurship and creativity.
- The program includes specific modules on international management where key aspects such as international finance, managerial skills and negotiation, marketing and geostrategic analysis are developed. And specific modules to know and operate in the main geoeconomic areas and markets, as well as modules that explain the fundamental operational part for the successful development of foreign trade: procedures, contracting, insurance, risks, logistics.
- You will be able to plan and implement a business internationalization plan. You will develop a marketing strategy for organizations that move in international and therefore multicultural areas. You will have a global vision of international business and international trade, knowing the institutions and bodies that govern international economic relations and you will know how to navigate the different existing financial markets, finding the best opportunities for the company or institution where you work.
- You will be able to complete your training with an international stay with visits and activities in some of the most relevant institutions in the field of trade and international economic relations of the European Union and the United Nations in cities such as Brussels, Strasbourg, Frankfurt or Geneva.
- You will be able to access a highly employable labor market.
- We maintain professional internship agreements with key institutions such as ICEX. At the University level, we maintain collaboration agreements with the Santander Group and agreements for professional practice with international firms such as Repsol or Telefónica.
Professional opportunities of the Master in Trade and Economic Relations
- The Master aims to provide the student with a specific qualification in the field of management within international economic organizations and in the international management of companies.
- Once the Master's degree is finished, the graduate will be a professional who will master not only the theoretical knowledge, but also practical knowledge that will lead him to evaluate and identify business opportunities in international environments. He will be a professional capable of planning and implementing a business internationalization plan. He will be a professional capable of developing a marketing strategy for organizations that move in international and therefore multicultural fields. It will have a global vision of international business and international trade, knowing the institutions and organizations that govern international economic relations and will know how to develop in the different existing financial markets, finding the best opportunities for the company or institution in which they work.
Outstanding professional outputs:
- The areas and departments of expansion of large companies in various sectors, international consultancies, international law firms, governmental institutions, SMEs that want to address internationalization processes, advice to all types of organizations and entrepreneurial initiatives of their own.
About the School
To provide our students with a comprehensive education, educating leaders and professionals who are prepared to respond to the needs of a global world, to contribute value in their professions and to ... Read More