The Master in Hotel and Restaurant Management aims to train professionals and managers to lead global business projects in the field of hotel management and administration, although from the business perspective necessary for them to be efficient in decision-making within this sector so globalized and dynamic, and do not ignore the impact of new technologies.
The Master in Hotel and Restaurant Management is taught at the Madrid Campus, a leading city for the hotel sector. Madrid leads the offer of hotel beds in Spain.
Why study the Master of Hotel Management in Ostelea
- Cycle of meetings with hotel managers and catering companies, and international tourism consultants.
- Management Experience: Where the students will work the "Soft Skill" to be able to manage projects efficiently.
- Case method: The case method allows the student to systematically improve their decision-making process through the discussion of real tourism business cases. Additionally, this methodology allows developing other skills such as creativity, analytical thinking, oral and written communication skills, and interpersonal skills. Some of the cases worked in previous calls of this program have been El Bulli and Ryanair.
- Special emphasis on revenue management, which is delivered through a business game. This particular area of hotel marketing is widely developed in this specialty through a vision applied through a business game.
- Monthly conferences with managers of the different departments or CEOs of representative companies in the sector.
- Tourism Skills Development Program (TSDP): Program for the development of managerial skills.
- Possibility of doing an International Tourism Residential in Saxion (Netherlands), or Cross-Cultural Marketing at Kean University (NJ, USA) (additional cost).
- Campus to Campus: Possibility of carrying out part of the program in the other campus of Ostelea. Interchange Barcelona- Madrid (accommodation and displacement not included).
Employability and Entrepreneurship
- Training oriented to employability: Itineraries of professional careers, week of employability, employment forum, graduate program, among others (subject to call).
- "Hotel Consulting: Real experiences from you to you": the student will carry out 4 days of training consisting of workshops and visits to hotels to deal with real cases that occur in the hospitality sector:
- Day 1: The challenge. A Hotel (or hotel chain) will present a real case of its Hotel to the students (the students will be divided into groups). The groups advised by a tutor will have to solve the challenge posed by the students in Day 4.
- Day 2: Tutorized workshop (I). The groups with the advice of their tutor will begin to work on solving the challenge
- Day 3: Tutorized workshop (II). After the Groups have worked individually on the solutions, they will have another Workshop with their tutor to share those solutions with him and receive feedback
- Day 4: Presentation of the solutions of the Working Groups to the Hotel that the Challenge proposed. Feedback and assessment by the Hotel
- International internships in companies such as: Hilton, Tundra Hotels, Melia Hotels, among others.
- Entrepreneurs Project: Students have advice to start their own businesses.
Assistance to Fairs
- Attendance at sector fairs: Students attend sector fairs such as Alimentaria (Barcelona), considered one of the most important fairs in the food sector in the world; o IBTM (Barcelona), one of the benchmarks in business tourism. HOREQ (Madrid), the professional suppliers' show for the Hospitality and tourism sector, or the Salón de Gourmets (Madrid), the international fair for quality food and beverages. Attendance at these fairs will depend on whether they enter by date within the school period of the call
Other outstanding values
- Ostelea is a member of the Spanish Association of Directors and Hotel Managers .
- Research Group: Part of the teaching faculty of the master is integrated in the Center for Tourism Research, Dissemination and Innovation (IDITUR), which focuses its scientific production in the field of international tourism management.
- International faculty: Part of the contents of certain subjects are taught by university lecturers and partner business schools of Ostelea. In previous calls of these programs, some of the invited professors have been Greg Richards, of the University of Tilburg (Holland); Simao Oliveira, from the Polytechnic Institute of Leiria (Portugal); and Ana Maria Munar, professor at Copenhagen Business School.
- Seminars in Hospitality (Barcelona) or Sustainability (Madrid).
- Languages: English or French to choose.
The Master in Hotel and Restaurant Management will allow you
- Know the hotel and restaurant industry
Build a strong knowledge base of the hotel and restaurant management industry from an international perspective and always from a managerial perspective.
- Global vision
Train managers oriented to the business management of tourism and catering companies capable of obtaining the expected results globally.
- Development of strategic plans
Know the keys to preparing strategic plans and immediate action in multinational tourist and restaurant environments.
- Innovation and sustainable management
Develop the capacity for creativity and innovation in the hotel company and its sustainable management through comprehensive and specialized training, qualifying the participants to assume positions of responsibility in hotel establishments.
- Management training
Develop the necessary skills of a global manager of tourism companies and restaurant management to ensure that collaborative, assertive and participatory work is carried out among all team members.
Careers and career opportunities
Ostelea offers its students employability-oriented training, which is why it makes the following services available to students.
TSDP - (Tourism Skills Developement Program)
An exclusive program where they will learn to develop their skills and abilities.
The TSDP consists of 55 teaching hours that includes (limited places):
- Management Skills
- Public relations
- advanced Excel
- Turistic marketing
- Employability: 3 workshops focused on candidate selection and improvement processes
- Entrepreneurship: through the Entrepreneurs Project where they will receive advice
- Career Transition: 5 workshops to guide students about their professional future
- (To choose one)
Talent Tourism Week
With the presence of relevant companies in the sector that will present their offers and then interview potential students
Companies participate by publishing their offers online and interviewing our students
Prepared by multinational companies (Hilton, Mandarin Oriental, Hotusa, etc.), whose objective is to select the most suitable candidates
Meetings between national and international companies, where students can learn about the most demanded profiles in the sector
Professional opportunities of the hotel management master
- Hotel management and catering companies.
- Responsible for corporate departments of hotel chains.
- Heads of hotel division of business groups.
- Head of Food and Beverage Division
- Operational supervisor of community centers.
- Marketing Director of catering and catering companies
- Commercial Director of catering and catering companies
Ostelea's Master in Hotel and Restaurant Management is classified into 6 modules:
- International structure and finances of the tourism sector
- Talent management and innovation in global contexts
- Strategic and operational management in hotel and restaurant companies in a global context
- Marketing and international marketing for hotels and restaurants
- Compulsory internships in a company Master's thesis
The Master in Hotel and Restaurant Management at Ostelea in Madrid is directed by Arturo Cuenllas Soler . Accumulate extensive experience in the tourism sector. Executive director with extensive experience in leadership skills and organizational behavior. Founder of "Conscious Hospitality". MBA professor at City University of Seattle and associate professor at ESCP Europe Business School.
In addition, it should be noted that part of the teaching faculty of the master is integrated in the Center for Tourism Research, Dissemination and Innovation (IDITUR) , which focuses its scientific production in the field of international tourism management.
The admission process guarantees the suitability of the candidates, in this way all the participants will be able to take full advantage of this learning experience.
To start the admission process it is necessary to fill in the information request. From that moment Ostelea will contact the candidate to close an interview to which the following documentation must be submitted:
- University degree
- The Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter
- Two letters of recommendation
After finishing the interview, the Admissions Committee will analyze case by case and communicate the resolution to the candidate to inform him of the status of his admission.
- Master in Hotel Management and Restoration, from the Rey Juan Carlos University (Official title in verification)
- Master in Hotel and Restaurant Management , by Ostelea School of Tourism & Hospitality (own)
- Master in Hotel and Restaurant Management, by EAE Business School (own)
In order to obtain the degrees that EAE and the University grant, it is necessary to comply with the requirements requested by said institutions.
Ostelea offers candidates scholarships that consist of financial aid with the objective of supporting our students.
Each application will be studied independently, it will be granted during the admission process and it will be communicated personally by the Admissions Committee before the formalization of the registration.
Scholarships representing 100% of the total enrollment fee will not be awarded in any case.
The economic aid will be offered in the following cases:
- Advance reservation of place.
- Adequacy of the profile to the requirements of each program.
- Former students of the school. In this case, a 25% discount will be applied to the enrollment.
About the School
Somos un centro universitario internacional especializado en la formación de líderes, directivos y técnicos especializados en la industria del Hospitality