Master's degree website: href = "https://www.ucm.es/biologiasanitaria
General administrative inquiries: General Information Service. E-mail: email@example.com
Specific academic consultations: Ms. Ana Margarita Figueiras Merino (Coordinator). E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Type of education: Face-to-face.
- Number of new entry places offered: 45
- Number of credits: 90
- Languages taught: Spanish.
- Indicative price: 45.02 euros per credit (for Spaniards, community foreigners and those who have legal status as residents in Spain) and 84.07 euros per credit for other students.
- Master's Scholarship: see relevant information here .
The purpose of the teachings of the University Master's Degree is for the student to acquire advanced, specialized and multidisciplinary training in the field of health biology with an academic orientation, for those who wish to carry out a Doctorate, as well as professional, for those prefer to integrate into a hospital or clinical laboratory, conducting biomedical research.
In addition, with the practical stay in a research laboratory, the student will become familiar with the different aspects of the research work: experimental design, use of the appropriate methodology, obtaining and analysis of experimental results, their interpretation, discussion and presentation, which will culminate with the Final Master's Project.
Academic year 2020-21
|609049||Molecular and Cellular Bases of Autoimmune Diseases and Allergies||Optional||6.0||Yes|
|609048||Molecular and Cellular Biology of Cancer||Optional||6.0||Yes|
|609047||Physiological Changes in Reproduction, Development and Aging||Optional||6.0||Yes|
|609046||Control and Surveillance of Infectious Diseases. Current Challenges||Optional||6.0||Yes|
Genetic Diseases, Genomics and Personalized Therapy
|609042||Laboratory Management and Knowledge Transfer||Mandatory||3.0||Yes|
|609038||Management of Experimental Animals||Mandatory||6.0||Yes|
|609041||Experimental Methodology and Analysis of Scientific Results||Mandatory||3.0||Yes|
|609044||Biological Systems Modeling||Mandatory||3.0||Yes|
|609050||Nutrition and health||Optional||6.0||Yes|
|609039||Diagnostic and Research Techniques||Mandatory||12.0||Yes|
|609052||End of Master's Project||End of Master's Project||24.0||Yes|
The ideal entry profile corresponds to graduates in Biology. It is also recommended for graduates with fundamental training in Biology, such as graduates in Biochemistry or Biotechnology , and other related disciplines.
Why study this master?
This University Master's Degree deals from a theoretical and practical point of view with studies in a series of areas with a high professional output, such as basic and clinical research (detection, diagnosis, treatment and prevention of diseases), the pharmaceutical industry, public health , etc.
In relation to this degree, and within the professional practice of the biologist, in the Statutes of the Official College of Biologists (RD 693/1996), the following stands out:
- Health professional in clinical laboratory (specialties in biochemistry, clinical analysis, microbiology and parasitology, immunology, pharmacology, etc.), public health, nutrition and dietetics, human reproduction (in vitro fertilization and other assisted reproduction techniques) and genetic counseling.
- Professional of scientific research and development in all areas of fundamental and applied advancement in experimental and life sciences, developing his tasks in fundamental research centers and in research and development departments of companies, industries and hospitals.
Admission requirements for masters
Non-enabling university masters
- Be in possession of any of the following titles:
- Spanish official university degree .
- Title issued by an institution of the European Higher Education Area (EHEA) and empowering in the country of issue for access to Master's education.
- Title of educational systems outside the EHEA that empowers in the country of issuance for access to Master's education, homologated or declared equivalent to the degree and academic level of Degree or Degree by the Ministry of Education and Vocational Training . In case of lacking the mentioned homologation or equivalency, it will be necessary to have authorization or access permission granted by this University.
- Or be carrying out studies leading to the obtaining of any of the previous degrees during the course in which the pre-registration is carried out and be in a position to prove the obtaining of the same before the date established in the corresponding call (see href = "https: //www.ucm.es/requisitos-de-admision-a-masteres ).
- In addition, students from foreign educational systems, whose mother tongue is different from Spanish, must prove level B2 of the Spanish language (or higher) .
- Specific requirements that any of the requested masters may have. You can consult it by accessing the website of the Master itself.
About the School
La Universidad Complutense de Madrid (UCM) es una institución de larga trayectoria y amplio reconocimiento social que aspira a situarse entre las primeras universidades de Europa y a consolidarse como ... Read More