The Master's Degree in Fashion and Advertising Photography presents an ideal environment for the generation of relevant professionals capable of generating trends based on their own creative personality. The spirit of this Master, which transcends pure photography and covers a wide range of competences from other areas and disciplines of the world of styling and communication, arises from the desire to combine the demands of a labor market in constant redefinition with individual aspirations and the visions of each participant. Its axis of specialization is the Photography of Fashion and Lifestyle, in its confluence and intersection with the Art Direction.
The program, oriented to creativity and innovation, covers all the essential aspects necessary to handle the conceptualization, development and realization of visual projects of a commercial, advertising and personal nature, of professional quality and with a strong author stamp.
- Qualification: Master's Diploma
- Credits: 60 ECTS
- Hours: Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Modality: Presencial Barcelona
- Class period: October to June.
- Face-to-face training.
- 100% practical guidance.
- Small groups.
The didactic objective of the Master is to train its participants as outstanding professionals, with their own initiative and style, offering them the mastery of knowledge, tools, processes and methodologies at a technical, aesthetic and managerial level, always favoring the maximum expansion of their own inclinations and skills. You will be able to control in its entirety the process of creation and production and you will be able to apply as author and creator of tendencies.
The master's degree in fashion and advertising photography is structured in two modules: in the first, the essential knowledge of photographic and advertising practice, as well as art direction, is deepened; in the second, more extensive, all activities are focused on specialization in the field of fashion and lifestyle.
Tools and technologies for image capture.
- Cameras and optics.
- Capture software.
- Lighting in studio.
- Outdoor lighting.
Tools and technologies for the processing of the image.
- Retouching and digital photomontage.
- 2D and 3D integration.
- Organization of work flows.
Technique and photographic language.
Contemporary visual culture.
Art and design direction.
- From concept to production.
- Processes and methodologies of art direction.
- Creative direction
- Theory and practice of design.
- Graphic design and editorial layout and web.
- Production Design.
02 Fashion and lifestyle
The world of fashion. Lifestyle
- History of fashion design.
- History of fashion photography.
- Design and photography of contemporary fashion.
- People and Lifestyle.
- Trends and coolhunting.
- Magazines and online magazines.
- Fashion, lifestyle and social media.
Professional environment Related disciplines. Art direction
- Casting and model management.
- Production design for fashion and lifestyle.
- Makeup and hairdressing
- Styling, art direction and photography for advertising campaigns, editorials, brands and beauty.
- Storytelling in fashion and lifestyle.
- Shooting in studio.
- Shooting in location or decorated.
- Shooting outdoors.
- Shooting on the catwalk.
- Events, concerts and portraits in context.
- Retouching, color correction and digital photomontage in fashion.
- The moving image in fashion and lifestyle.
Profession. The photographer
- The commercial and author portfolio.
- Platforms and broadcast channels.
- Labor orientation: agencies and representatives, types of contracts, image and author rights, legal and referential issues.
- Transversal and interdisciplinary workshops with professionals.
- Personal practices
Master's final project
Program taught in: