The complex situation of families demands the existence of trained professionals for family counseling, counseling and mediation. The protection and promotion of the family is one of the great concerns of societies, which is why training initiatives arise at the university level where related disciplines are committed in the field of family counseling, counseling and mediation such as pedagogy, education , law, social education, law, anthropology, sociology, psychology.
|Teaching center:||Education Faculty|
|Type of teaching:||Face-to-face|
|Title:||Master's Degree in Family Counseling, Counseling and Mediation|
|Scholarships, grants and mobility:||National / International|
|Price per credit:||
The title of the University Master's Degree in Family Counseling, Counseling and Mediation tries to respond to the need to train professionals to practice family counseling, counseling and mediation in the social and educational fields. It is the first Master that integrates the three complementary and interrelated aspects: guidance, counseling and family mediation. cvpericias / Pixabay
Specific family counseling and guidance skills
- Ability to apply in depth concepts and theoretical models of family orientation.
- Being able to analyze and evaluate family needs in a critical and reflective way.
- Identify and prevent family problems related to sociocultural changes and those that are proper to the family itself (structure, relationships, roles and norms, etc.)
- Identify families at risk and social exclusion and plan and implement counseling proposals aimed at improving their quality of life and social well-being.
- Being able to identify and favor the main personal and social resources available to the family.
- Being able to know and interpret ethical and moral principles in the field of family counseling and mediation, to end up acquiring a deontological commitment in relation to the professional task.
- Acquire and implement counseling and family communication skills and strategies.
Specific competences in the field of family mediation
- Analyze in depth and critically the family conflicts that arise in the family dynamics.
- Use different professional alternatives for conflict resolution.
- Use family mediation as a method of conflict resolution within the family and the family with external instances of socialization.
- Carry out strategies and concrete actions that promote the participation of families and each of its members in family mediation processes.
- Promote the personal and social development skills of family members during the family mediation process.
- Use negotiation and mediation resources for decision-making and family conflict resolution.
- Carry out family mediation projects, as well as evaluate the effectiveness of programs and technical reports, recommendations or family advice.
- Participate and promote networking with other professionals inside and outside the team itself.
- Promote the respect, care and dignity of minors during the mediation process so as to guarantee compliance with their protection and rights.
The Master tends towards the holistic academic training of graduates or graduates in social sciences and humanities (pedagogy, social education, teaching, social work, law, psychology, sociology, philosophy, education, theology, etc.)
Graduates have a work profile marked by the choice of the Master: Teaching centers, local and regional administration, orientation centers, research, teaching, etc.
The professional interest is given by the different professional opportunities that are mainly based on the multiple teaching possibilities, but more importantly, the wide and diverse professional training for future postgraduates (social services, family counseling and counseling centers, family mediation centers, intergenerational , educational centers, senior centers, multidisciplinary teams, private sphere, etc.)
The preferred center for Master's Practices is SAFAMUR (Family Care Service of the Region of Murcia). The center is a COF (Family Orientation Center) where practices are carried out with the corresponding tutors. The practices take place in the second semester of the course with the schedule established at the beginning of each academic year. The Practices can be done in other centers agreed with the Universidad de Murcia and the Universidad de Murcia Theological Institute in agreement between the student and the coordinator and the approval of the Academic Commission of the Master.
About the School
Una institución docente de enseñanza superior que cuenta con unas infraestructuras para la docencia y la investigación de excelencia internacional. Una universidad innovadora, dinámica, responsable y ... Read More