The objective of the Master in Engineering Management is to develop leaders and project managers, specialists in their area of knowledge.
Need, Desire or Problem that Satisfies or Resolves this Program
There is a growing interest in the industry for engineers who effectively direct, identify, and execute projects, considering legal, ethical, leadership, innovation and sustainable development principles. This is observed even more, in large and / or transnational companies that also require engineers to be trained to be project leaders, with a mixture of deep technical knowledge and soft skills.
Benefits for the Person
The Master in Engineering Management seeks to develop in an engineer, communication skills, leadership and project management, coupled with specialization in technical and analytical skills to improve their work areas.
The candidate to enter this program must:
- The Master in Engineering Management, is aimed at graduates of an undergraduate program of science or engineering, who have a great interest in the development of engineering skills in the management of projects and key business processes, in the management of Technology or entrepreneurship. It is also aimed at future technological leaders in industrial management, high technology management, ID or business management with high technology and start-up companies.
- This program is aimed at professionals in the area of engineering who require in their work areas, identify critical problems, generate solutions, evaluate alternatives, make decisions, and implement actions, leading multidisciplinary teams.
- Students entering this program must have a solid academic background, vocation in the application of knowledge, fluency in their communication, who work professionally under strict ethical standards, who are open to new ways of assimilation of knowledge and professional practice and that are intellectually curious, qualities that will be evaluated through a letter of reasons to enter the program and an interview with the program director.
Profile of the graduate
It is expected that, after a few years of professional practice, a graduate of this program will have achievements such as:
- Have directed high impact engineering projects
- Be a leader in the technical or engineering area of multinational companies
- Have directed consulting projects in administration and management of engineering projects in their area of expertise
In addition, upon graduation from the program the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate and use a high level of theoretical and methodological knowledge of engineering management for the solution of engineering projects.
- Analyze, manage and direct improvement processes that can be applied to areas such as: information technologies, process optimization, statistical engineering, supply chain, logistics, among others.
- Communicate results of your professional work in a clear, effective and efficient manner.
- Work in the professional community of your area of expertise with leadership in an efficient, collaborative and ethical manner.