The development of new systems of intelligent, environmentally friendly and integrated transport systems is one of the most important challenges in the 21st century, above all in terms of emissions and the type of energy used. The social interest and industrial business generated by electric vehicles increase the demand for professionals qualified in all the related areas of technology.
The University Master's Degree in Electric Vehicle Technologies is the first official master's degree in the whole of Spain specializing in electric cars. The aim of this master's degree is to teach engineers about the different technologies from the areas of electronic engineering and control that can be applied to the development of electric and hybrid vehicles and even conventional vehicles.
The progressive implementation of electric vehicles will increase the need for engineers with specific knowledge in this ambit; therefore, the principal objective of the master's degree is to produce specialized engineers in collaboration with businesses in this sector and with links to the territory.
- Lear Corporation
- Applus+ Idiada
The master's degree is aimed at:
- Graduates in Industrial Electronic Engineering and Automation, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Technologies Engineering, Energy Engineering, Telecommunications Systems and Services Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Engineering in Naval Systems and Technologies, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Telecommunications Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering, Automation and Industrial Electronic Engineering, Electronic Engineering and related ambits.
- Graduates with official university bachelor's degrees in Industrial Technical Engineering, specializing in Industrial Electronics; Industrial Technical Engineering, specializing in Electricity; Technical Telecommunications Engineering, specializing in Electronic Systems; and related ambits.
- Individuals currently working in the sector who want to increase their level of training.
Specific compulsory documentation
The documentation required for pre-registration. In addition, you can also submit:
- Accreditation of complementary training relating to the content of the master's degree (courses, seminars, other training activities, with supporting documents).
- Accreditation of Relevant study visits abroad in English speaking territories (minimum 12 weeks, with supporting documents).
- Accreditation of professional experience in an ambit related to the master's programme.
- Suitability of the access qualification: up to a maximum of 4 points according to the following order of priority:
- Graduates with official university bachelor's degrees in: Industrial Electronic Engineering and Automation, Electrical Engineering, Engineering in Industrial Technologies, Energy Engineering, Engineering in Telecommunications Systems and Services, Engineering in Aerospace Technologies, Engineering in Naval Systems and Technologies, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering; Industrial Engineering, Telecommunications Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering, Automatic and Industrial Electronic Engineering, and Electronic Engineering: up to a maximum of 8 points
- Graduates with official university qualifications in Industrial Engineering, specializing in Industrial Electronics or Electricity; Telecommunications Engineering, specializing in Electronic Systems: up to a maximum of 7 points.
- Others: 0 points.
- Evaluation of the academic transcript of the official university qualification that enables the student to access the master's degree: up to a maximum of 4 points.
- Complementary training relating to the content of the master's degree (courses, seminars, other training activities, with supporting documents): up to a maximum of 2 points.
- Relevant study visits abroad in English speaking territories (minimum 12 weeks, with supporting documents): up to a maximum of 2 points.
- Proven professional experience requiring an academic qualification in an ambit related to the master's programme. 0.2 points will be given for each complete year of experience up to a maximum of 2 points.
Applications will be prioritized in order of points awarded from maximum to minimum (total of the points awarded for the previous sections).
However, if any places remain unfilled, the entity responsible for admissions may admit students without prioritizing them according to their merits, provided, that is, that they meet the access requirements.
Students who successfully complete this master's degree will be qualified to work in the following areas:
- Design, manufacture, and testing of prototypes during the process of creating an electric vehicle and its auxiliary electronic components.
- Conception, implementation, and testing of an electronic system for processing the energy used by an electronic vehicle and of the embedded control and communications machinery and software used in automation, in accordance with the developmental methodologies used in the sector and the corresponding regulations.
- Product research and development at the level of project design and management.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated June 28, 2018