- Type of education: Face-to-face.
- Number of new entry places offered: 60
- Total credits: 60
- Languages taught: Spanish.
- Guide price: 7,000 euros (plus UCM fees, between 800 and 1,300 euros, depending on the origin of the student, community or not).
- Master's Scholarship: see relevant information here .
The main objective of the Master's is to train specialists of excellence, with an updated preparation in the work and management of the main areas of professional activity of the so-called Cultural Industries. Specially designed for future professionals who want to work in foundations, museums and art galleries, cultural journalism, publishing houses, communication cabinets and cultural and artistic institutions.
This Master has been verified by the National Agency for Quality Assessment and Accreditation (ANECA), attached to the Spanish Ministry of Education, Culture and Sport. The credits taken in the Master are automatically recognized for access to Doctoral studies at any University of the European Higher Education Area.
Module I. Contemporary Culture: Literature, Art and Regulation of Cultural Institutions
Required. 24 credits
- Subject I.1 Modern Theory of Literature (8 ECTS credits)
- Subject I.2 Current Art Theory (8 ECTS credits)
- Subject I.3 Art, Society and Law (8 ECTS credits)
Module II. Actuality of the arts, artistic institutions and cultural communication
Optional. 24 credits
- Subject II.1 Culture of Contemporary Modernity: Theories and Communication (12 ECTS credits)
- Subject II.2 Trends and figures of the current Literature (12 ECTS credits)
- Subject II.3: Current art trends: Cinema and audiovisual arts (12 ECTS credits)
- Subject II.4: Regulation and current management of artistic institutions and cultural industries (12 ECTS credits)
Final Master's Project
Required. 12 credits
The Master's main objective is to train specialists of excellence, with up-to-date preparation at work and management of the main areas of professional activity of the so-called Cultural Industries . Especially designed for future professionals who want to work in foundations, museums and art galleries, cultural journalism, editorials, communication offices and cultural and artistic institutions.
Students have a wide number of institutions, organizations and companies with which the Ortega y Gasset Institute has signed collaboration agreements, in which they can carry out practices that will be accredited on completion. They are important in the training of students and allow them to come into contact with professional fields of their interest. However, it must be remembered that in the Research Master's the internships do not equal ECTS credits and, therefore, they are not graded.
The hours for carrying out the practices will be established according to their characteristics and the student's availability. The schedules, in any case, will be compatible with the academic, training and representation and participation activities carried out by the student at the Foundation. Regarding the duration of the internships, they will not exceed the maximum allowed in current regulations.
Some of the institutions, organizations and companies with whom we have had or have collaboration agreements for the practices are the following:
- Efe Agency (practices in the field of information)
- Spanish Agency for International Cooperation (AECID) (internships in the field of cooperation)
- Diario de Prensa Digital SL (practices in the field of information)
- German Sánchez Ruipérez Foundation. Reader's House
- El Cano Institute Foundation (practices in the field of international relations)
- Ponce + Oak Gallery
- Greenpeace Spain
- Ministry of Education, Culture and Sport (agreement for practices in Museology and Museography)
- Mosaiq Marketing and Communication (internship in different projects)
- Spanish Society of Radio Broadcasting. Chain Ser
- Torres and Carrera. Communication Consultants (practices in communication, marketing, etc.)
It should be borne in mind that, at the student's request, the Ortega y Gasset University Institute will always agree to propose the signing of a new internship agreement with other entities of their interest. On the other hand, it is important to point out that the practices are subject to the availability of vacant places by the receiving institution, a circumstance that this center cannot always guarantee.
Admission requirements for masters
Non-enabling university masters
- Be in possession of any of the following titles:
- Spanish official university degree.
- Title issued by an institution of the European Higher Education Area (EHEA) and empowering in the country of issue for access to Master's education.
- Title of educational systems outside the EHEA that empowers in the country of issuance for access to Master's education, homologated or declared equivalent to the degree and academic level of Degree or Degree by the Ministry of Education and Vocational Training . In case of lacking the mentioned homologation or equivalency, it will be necessary to have authorization or access permission granted by this University.
- Or be carrying out during the course in which you pre-enroll studies leading to the obtaining of any of the previous degrees and be in a position to prove the obtaining of the same before September 30, 2020 .
- In addition, students from foreign educational systems, whose mother tongue is different from Spanish, must prove level B2 of the Spanish language (or higher) .
- Specific requirements that any of the requested masters may have. You can consult it by accessing the website of the Master itself.
About the School
La Universidad Complutense de Madrid (UCM) es una institución de larga trayectoria y amplio reconocimiento social que aspira a situarse entre las primeras universidades de Europa y a consolidarse como ... Read More