The communication companies are unique in their kind. They require managers with specific training to understand their problems and their challenges. The Master prepares its participants in two fundamental areas: development of skills and managerial skills, and specific aspects of communication companies.
The faculty is mainly from the Faculty of Communication and IESE Business School. In this way, the specific knowledge of the industry is combined with the general managerial training, integrating in a single program the knowledge and skills necessary to lead communication companies with a global vision of business.
- To train innovative executives and entrepreneurs who have the essential skills and tools to develop products or companies that renew the development cycle of their organizations. The participants will carry out a business project that is an essential part of the requirements to approve the program.
- Know what happens in the main world markets and assess which experiences are adaptable to local realities. For this, the MGEC offers its participants one of the intensive weeks in New York City (the two remaining will be in Madrid); its contents will make it possible to know the reality of the largest advertising market and the world's media (professors from business schools in the United States, together with executives from the main companies, will be the protagonists).
- Digital training: it is only possible to imagine the future of the industry in the hand of digital communication. One third of the contents of the master's degree will be oriented towards the development and analysis of digital products, new business models, management and use of social networks and electronic commerce.
- Capabilities and management tools
- Action Directive and decision making 2ECTS
- Planning and control: cost analysis for decision making 2,5 ECTS
- Communication 2.5 ECTS
- Negotiation 1 ECTS
- Behavior of Organizations 1.5 ECTS
- Leadership, leadership and innovation 2,5 ECTS
- Functions, processes and strategies
- Operations Management 2 ECTS
- People management 2 ECTS
- Information Systems 2 ECTS
- Financial management 1 ECTS
- Operational finance 1 ECTS
- Commercial Management 2 ECTS
- Marketing 1.5 ECTS
- Company policies
- Strategic direction 2.5 ECTS
- Environments and markets 3.5 ECTS
- Legal framework of communication 1 ECTS
- Clients and Audiences 2.5 ECTS
- Market and audience research 2.5 ECTS
- Final Master's Project 18 ECTS
The Master in Business Communication Management is mainly based on the case method, which ensures a practical learning enriched with the intervention of the class participants. It is articulated following three sequential steps: individual analysis, team preparation and discussion in the general session.
Dedication and agenda type
The program includes an academic course with a duration of 10 months. The form of work is part-time, compatible with work activity, with the following type agenda:
- Friday, from 3.30 to 9.00
- Saturdays, from 9:00 am to 1:30 pm
Intensive weeks (3), Monday through Thursday from 9: 00-13: 30 and 2: 30-6: 00 and Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
To complete the program, a minimum of 1,500 hours of work is required (individual case preparation, team analysis, discussion in the general sessions and company project).
In the classroom of the MGEC they share their professional training with an outstanding seniority (some accumulate more than 25 years of professional experience) with young professionals of 26 or 27 years with great potential. We combine the value of life experience with the particular vision of the "millennials" and digital natives projected towards the future evolution of the sector.
The focus of the program is eminently directive, with a vision of DIRECTION GENERAL, to lead each student to position themselves at the top of the pyramid of responsibility in their organizations.
The Master is aimed at graduates and university graduates with relevant professional experience, from any Faculty or Higher Technical School, interested in the communication market; preferably with training in Humanities, Social Sciences, Legal or Technical (Communication, Law, Sociology, Psychology, Economics, Engineering, Architecture, etc).
They are necessary requirements to attend the MGEC:
- To be a university graduate, graduate, diploma or its equivalent abroad. Admission can be requested before obtaining the university degree, but the title must be accredited at the beginning of the program.
- Accredit a level of Spanish corresponding to B2 (in the case of not being Spanish speaker)
- Have requested admission to the Master with the registration form.
To apply for admission, it is first necessary to register in the MiUnav Portal. Once inside the Portal, the candidate can request admission and attach all the documentation required by the master through the same form.
A payment of € 95 must be made for processing costs.
- Via the Internet, through our payment gateway.
- In cash (in person at the Pamplona Admission Service).
- By Bank transfer. The proof of payment must include the applicant's full name and the word "ADMISSION".
How to apply for admission to more than one master's degree?
You must fill out the form once for each application, but sending the documentation and paying the processing fees do not need to duplicate them. If you apply for admission to a third master's degree, you should make a new payment of € 95.
The candidate must solve a practical case in English and a personal interview will be conducted.
Resolution and registration
Admitted students must pay the first tuition payment within the deadline established in the notification of admission resolution:
The amount is € 1000 (this amount will only be refundable in the case of not having passed the degree / bachelor who are studying).
Forms of Payment through the miUNAV Portal.
- Credit / debit card
- Wire transfer. The full name of the applicant and the word "first registration fee" must appear on the payment voucher.
Admitted students will formalize the registration on the dates indicated in the Admission communication.
- National students: the level in the entrance exam will be measured.
- International Students: B2 Spanish and First Certificate.
As for the merit assessment, the admission committee will have especially present the professional experience within the field of communication, as well as the orientation of the candidate towards the fields related to the subject of the Master.
To complete the merit evaluation, the admission tests established for this purpose must be carried out in the selection process, consisting of:
- A personal interview
- The individual resolution of a practical case of business management.
The selection of students will be made according to the weighted assessment of the following elements, each of them scoring on a scale of 1 to 5, assuming that all candidates meet the basic requirements established:
- Academic Curriculum (30%)
- Professional CV (30%)
- Result of the admission tests (30%)
- Letters of recommendation (10%)
The master's degree is aimed at the management development of the following professional profiles:
- CEOs of communication companies, understood as all those companies that generate business around content.
- Managers of the departments of content, marketing, sales, finance, market research and HR.
- Product directors of communication companies.
- Managers of the area of business development, innovation and product.
- Consultants specialized in the communication industry.
- Managers in advertising management.
- Entrepreneurs in the field of media, content-oriented technology and communication in general.
On the other hand, these are the areas and institutions in which, thanks to the training provided by the master's degree, students can continue or develop their professional career:
- Media (press, radio, television, Internet).
- Departments of communication and content marketing (fiction, music, entertainment, audiovisual production) and technology companies.
- Marketing and advertising companies.
- Consulting specialized in the sector.
About the School
The University of Navarra is based on the Christian inspiration promoted by St. Josemaría Escrivá de Balaguer, the founder of Opus Dei. Its mission is to seek and present the truth; contribute to the ... Read More