The Master's Degree in Business Administration, Professional and Managerial Accounting is part of the International program of the University of Bergamo and is organized in two curricula, one taught in Italian and the other one in English:
- Economia aziendale, direzione amministrativa e professione (EADAP) [taught in Italian]
- Accounting, Accountability and Governance (AAG) [taught in English] that includes, two 'Majors':
- Financial Accounting for International Professionals (FAIP)
- Sustainability, Accountability, and Governance (SAG)
In order to be admitted to the curriculum taught in English, applicants are required knowledge of English corresponding to level B2, according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR). Applicants should submit to an individual interview in order to test if they satisfy the admission requirements. For information on how to apply, pre-enrolment form, admission test, and enrolment, please follow the links below:
- Incoming Erasmus students - This course follows the general rules of the Official Exchange Program. For more information, please visit Application on the Unibg International website and contact the International office.
- Incoming Extra EU exchange students - This course follows the general rules of the Official Exchange Program. For more information, please visit Application on the Unibg International website and contact the International office.
- Degree-seeking students from an EU Country - Students coming from an EU Country follow the same admission rules for Italian students. For more information, please contact the International Student Services.
The AAG curriculum is designed to motivate and inspire students to think and search for innovative responses to changes in the contemporary societal, business and organizational context. During the program, students will learn new subjects and, through these, will gather managerial competencies necessary to assist organizations, professionals and public actors in developing and implementing solutions to cope with the challenges and demands of society, business, and organizations. In particular, the AAG offers an internationally-infused learning and teaching environment which is aimed at providing our students with the knowledge, skills, and tools required to achieve successful and satisfying careers in their areas of study.
The AAG is organized in two main "majors" that each student can choose after the successful completion of the first year modules. The first year of the program, which is the same for the two curricula, provides students with the overall knowledge and understanding of the issues related to corporate governance, accountability, management control and international accounting. These issues are then expanded in the second year when students can choose between two "majors" which are designed to offer more specialized competencies and skills in two different but related areas of study. The two majors are respectively:
- Sustainability, Accountability, and Governance. The aim of the SAG curriculum is to provide students with the competencies (in terms of strategic, management and control knowledge, skills and tools) necessary to envisage, design and implement innovative solutions for governing SD-related issues in the daily management of organizations.
- Financial Accounting for International Professionals. The aim of the FAFIP curriculum is to provide students with competencies (knowledge, skills, and tools) in accounting, auditing, corporate governance and business law that are necessary to manage the administration and accountancy aspects in private companies and public institutions.
The Sustainability, Accountability, and Governance (SAG) program is designed in particular, though not exclusively, for training:
- Managers (and entrepreneurs) in existing and/or new business who intend to integrate sustainability strategies into corporate planning and to manage, control and report sustainable performances. This may include for example multinational corporations, small business enterprises, public organizations, non-profit organizations, and NGOs.
- Professionals, consultants and business analysts who are interested in gaining knowledge, skills, and expertise for supporting organizations to manage and control sustainable related issues.
Those who are interested in gaining competencies to operate as an expert in socially responsible businesses, public offices, non-profit organizations and/or NGOs.
The Financial Accounting for International Professionals (FAIP) program is designed to offer training and career prospects for those who intend to work as business consultants, accounting professionals and managers in multinational companies. In particular, the program will provide specialized training and expertise to work successfully:
- in public offices or non-profit organizations
- in multinational entities as CFOs or managers
- as chartered accountants in «global practice of international accounting development assistance»
- as external (or internal) auditors
- as experts in corporate governance, in tax and legal services and transaction services
- as financial accounting advisors
- as professionals and consultants who are interested in gaining competencies for supporting organizations to develop new business opportunities or providing moving/relocation assistance.