What knowledge will I acquire with this Master?
The proposal of the University Master's Degree in Techniques for the Characterization and Conservation of Biological Diversity is fundamentally aimed at providing tools and techniques necessary for the development of research and professional activities in the field of Ecology and Biodiversity Conservation.
Regarding the contents it has 4 modules: a module of Methodological Bases (scientific writing, field sampling, experimental design, modeling, spatial analysis), another second of Biodiversity (of aquatic invertebrates, lichens, bryophytes, birds and other taxonomic groups, which It also includes a subject of Phylogeny and Systematics), a third module of Ecological Processes (assembly communities, plant-animal interactions, micro-macro evolution, biology of global change, genetic restitution of populations, ecotoxicology), and a fourth module to train Students for work in Companies (ecosystem restoration, entrepreneurship, ecosystem economics).
Recommended entry profile
Students who have possession of an official Spanish university degree or another issued by an institution of higher education of the European Higher Education Area that authorize in the country issuing the degree for access to Master's teaching.
The Master in Biodiversity and Ecology Conservation Techniques aims to provide students with methodologies and tools necessary for the development of research and professional activity in the field of characterization and conservation of Biodiversity and Ecology. These methodologies are grouped into several categories: general methodologies for scientific writing and technical reports, sampling and monitoring systems, and advanced design of experiments; methodologies for statistical and mathematical analysis of data, in particular for spatial analysis and modeling; molecular biology and genetics techniques applied to conservation; methods of analysis and development of models in populations and communities; methodologies and tools for the characterization of environmental quality and the determination and mitigation of stress on individuals, populations, communities and ecosystems; scientific knowledge about natural capital and ecosystem services; bases of ecological restoration; and initiation to entrepreneurship. In this way the student is provided with a postgraduate academic specialization of excellent scientific and technical quality that allows him to stand out in the professional field of Ecology and Biodiversity conservation.
Admission and registration
The requirements for access to the proposed title are according to article 16 of Royal Decree 1393/2007, modified by Royal Decree 861/2010, of July 2:
- In order to access the official Master's teachings it will be necessary to be in possession of an official Spanish university degree or another issued by an institution of higher education belonging to another State that is part of the European Higher Education Area that empowers the same for access to teaching of Master's
- Likewise, graduates may access according to educational systems outside the European Higher Education Area without the need for the approval of their degrees, after verification by the University that they accredit a level of training equivalent to the corresponding official Spanish university degrees and that In the issuing country, they are entitled to access postgraduate education. The access by this route will not imply, in any case, the homologation of the previous title of which the interested party is in possession, nor its recognition for other purposes than that of taking the Master's teachings.
The specific degrees that will facilitate access to the Master are the following:
- Degree in Biology
- Degree in Environmental Sciences
- Degree in Marine Sciences
- Degree in Forestry Engineering
- Degree in Agricultural Engineering
- Degree in Experimental Sciences
- Degree in Environmental Engineering
And other related degrees.
Other degrees or official degrees that include in their curriculum subjects corresponding to the field of Biology.
Mandatory Knowledge Module
Subject I. Methodological bases
It consists of 5 subjects of 3 ECTS each
- Ia Introduction to scientific writing
- Ib Sampling techniques and field data collection
- Ic Advanced experimental design and data analysis
- Id Spatial analysis techniques applied to conservation
- Ie Modeling
Matter II Ecological processes and Conservation
It consists of 6 subjects of 3 ECTS each:
- II.a. Assembly of plant communities
- II.b. Plant - animal interactions
- II.c. Evolution of functional traits: macro- and microevolutive processes
- II.d. Biology of Global Change
- II.e. Population genetic restitution
- II.f. Environmental pollution and biodiversity
Optional Knowledge Module
Matter III Biodiversity
It consists of 5 subjects of 3 ECTS each:
- III.a. Biodiversity and conservation of invertebrates
- III.b. Biodiversity and conservation of lichens and bryophytes
- III.c. Biodiversity and bird conservation
- III.d. Biodiversity and conservation of amphibians, reptiles and mammals
- III.e. Phylogeny and Systematic
Matter IV Training for activity in companies and entrepreneurship
It consists of 3 subjects of 3 ECTS each:
- IV.a. Entrepreneurs in Biological Diversity and Conservation
- IV.b. Economy of ecosystems: Natural Capital, Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services
- IV.c. Ecological restoration
End of Master Work Module in :
- Operation of terrestrial and aquatic ecosystems
- Community Ecology
- Ecophysiology and environmental stress
- Biomarkers of environmental stress
- Evolutionary and behavioral ecology
- Restoration of ecological systems
- Phylogeny and conservation genetics
- Demography and reproductive biology
- Economy of ecosystems: Natural Capital, Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services
- Biology of Global Change
About the School
Fundada en 1996, nuestra Universidad está a tu servicio, proporcionándote una formación de calidad, a través de una amplia y excelente oferta académica, y contribuyendo a la vanguardia del conocimient ... Read More