The Master course in Artificial Intelligence and Robotics (since A.Y. 2009/2010) spans over 2 academic years.
This course will allow students to acquire knowledge and technical capabilities in Computer Science and Control Engineering, specifically in the interdisciplinary area of Artificial Intelligence and Robotics.
Specifically, the aim of this Master course is to offer students the ability to interact with professional workers in different areas of Engineering (Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Robotics, Mechanical, Electronics, and Control Engineering) and with professional and users of the involved application areas such as the ones which need the representation and the use of knowledge or sensorial information, automatic machine learning, real-time planning, industrial robotics and services, video and pictures detection and simulation and human-computer interaction.
- Design and realization of robotic systems for service and industrial applications, specifically for safety and security, space, home, elderly people, medicine;
- Design and realization of intelligent systems as knowledge management systems and big data extractions, graphic systems, and animation, specifically for cinema and videogames industries, video surveillance systems, and video systems for assuring the quality of products and services.
Fulfilling the requirements to complete the Master will allow students to improve their expertise in the field, as well as refine their communicative skills through seminar courses.
The curriculum of the master course is structured as follows:
- Mandatory Core Courses: 48 credits
- Optional core subjects (Insegnamenti Opzionali Caratterizzanti): 18 credits to be chosen within a set of options in the field of Robotics or AI.
- Supplementary subjects (Insegnamenti affini ed integrativi): 12 credits to be chosen within a set of options in different areas.
- Seminars: 3 credits
- Students' free choice: 12 credits
- Master Thesis: 27 credits
This Master course is fully taught in English; this will encourage the enrollment of foreign students in order to ease the integration and the cultural exchange in an international environment.
About the School
Since its founding over 700 years ago, Sapienza has played an important role in Italian history and has been directly involved in key changes and developments in society, economics and politics. It ha ... Read More