Name of the program: Master's Degree in Accusatory and Oral Criminal Procedure
DGP Code: 664558
Normal period to graduate: 4 semesters
Degree conferred: Master (or) in Accusatory and Oral Criminal Procedural Law
Campus where it is offered: Hermosillo
To train professional experts in accusatory and oral criminal procedural law, with the competences for the application of legal knowledge in the solution of specific problems of the discipline of study, endowed with required argumentative, interpretative and evaluative skills, capable of privileging the protection of human rights and the application of the ethical principles of the profession.
- Identify the orientation of the constitutional reform that incorporates the oral criminal accusatory process into the Mexican criminal justice system and deepen knowledge of its theoretical content.
- Analyze the dynamics of oral accusatory criminal procedural law, its fundamental principles and the procedural subjects that give full effect.
- Master the method and methodology of the accusatory and oral criminal procedure, privileging the safeguarding of the human rights of the participants (victims, defendants and officials)
- Provide and develop in the student the skills and practical attitudes to intervene effectively in each and every one of the stages of the accusatory and oral criminal process.
- Attend to the ethical principles of the profession by applying the theoretical and practical knowledge required in each of the stages of the criminal process.
What Will Your Competencies Be When You Finish The Program?
The graduate of the Master in Accusatory and Oral Criminal Procedural Law, is characterized by having acquired knowledge, developed the skills and attitudes established by the program, which consist of the following:
- Knows the current trends in criminal sciences and assesses their application in the field of criminal procedure law in the accusatory model.
- It applies the Orality as the main characteristic of each and every one of the actions in which the procedural actors must intervene.
- Identify the structure and functioning of the accusatory model and the audience methodology.
- Applies the fundamental principles that make the accusatory criminal procedure operable.
- Intervenes effectively in the accusatory criminal process by applying the theoretical knowledge and practical skills acquired.
- Apply the right and, where appropriate, resolve the conflict arising as a consequence of the crime, contributing with its performance to the restoration of social harmony.
- Develop skills of structured and unstructured logical thinking, communication and social skills, to interact with the various actors in the process and intervene effectively in each of the procedural stages.
- Deploy skills for doctrinal and judicial analysis and interpretation in the application of the standard to the specific case.
- Able to analyze a legal case and create strategies to disaggregate the facts constituting crime (s), identify the criminal facts susceptible of probanza and the election of the best means of proof capable of credibly crediting the elements of the crime.
- Able to build an effective case theory that allows you to adopt a strategic vision to face the process from its inception in order to make the relevant decisions for the prosecution or defense, and warn of their weaknesses and those of the other party.
- Equipped with the ability to apply critical thinking techniques: making decisions and handling criminal hypotheses to present legal arguments of defense and defense.
- Develops his ability to create and apply strategies of unstructured thinking for his intervention in the stage of Oral Judgment: Generation of ideas (organization, logical sequence and parallelism), argumentation of opening, explanation through the use of narrative and description as well as the construction of closing arguments. Create arguments of conviction and rebuttal, identify deceptive arguments or fallacies. It shows evidence, contradictions, formulates objections, raises questions, structure interrogations and against interrogations.
- Handles time and space in public settings that require adequate and prompt responses.
- Able to communicate verbally and non-verbally in an optimal way, with immediate responses in public settings.
- It applies communication strategies for its intervention in the accusatory and oral criminal process: oral and direct dialogical communication, active listening, non-verbal communication, paraphrasing. Is able to evidence contradictions, formulate objections, present allegations, resources, immediately.
- Able to strengthen the credibility and reliability of the Witness and his testimony.
- Applies social strategies: Empathy, assertiveness, persuasion, witness management (evasive, special, minors, hostile, expert, experts).
- Create and apply strategies and develop intervention actions in the Oral Trial stage.
Attitudes and Values
- It privileges dialogue as a way to resolve disputes, maintaining a respectful attitude to the diversity of values, ideas, customs and social practices.
- Promotes and uses alternative modalities for conflict resolution.
- Interested in the observance of the deontological guiding principles of the profession, as the case may be, of the judicial function.
- Participate and collaborate effectively in your community, region or country in diverse groups, promoting good practices in professional practice.
- Read and understand the material written in English, on concrete or abstract topics in a complex text.
- Listen and transmit their professional experiences in different contexts using the learned communication techniques.
- Introjects the legal culture that links the right to society, improving the image of it.
- It develops reasoned and well-founded proposals aimed at improving the practices, norms and institutions that make up and regulate the lawyer's profession at local, regional and national levels.
List of subjects
- The criminal justice system in Mexico
- The Case Theory
- Accusatory Criminal Procedure Law I
- Accusatory Criminal Procedure Law II
- Accusatory Criminal Procedure Law III
- Accusatory Criminal Procedure Law IV
- Techniques, events and research media workshop
- Workshop of formalities and procedures in the Initial, Intermediate and Debate hearings
- Workshop of litigation skills based on the Case Theory
- Workshop on oral argumentation and exposition techniques
- Interrogation and Interrogation Techniques Workshop
- Legal Research Methodology Seminar
- Research Seminar
- Approval of Titling work
- Field Criminalistics
- Forensic Medicine
- Criminal Psychiatry
- Criminal psychology
- The protection in the Oral Accusatory System
- International and interregional legal assistance in criminal matters
Lines of generation and / or application of knowledge of the program.
- Mechanisms of early termination of the criminal process.
- Criminal justice and criminology.
- Guarantee, interpretation and judicial decision.
Dr. Pesqueira Leal Jorge
Dr. Soto Lamadrid Miguel Ángel
Dr. Guillén López Germán
Dr. Guillén López Raúl
Dr. Moreno Valenzuela María Auxiliadora
Dr. Iruretagoyena Quiroz Amelia
Dr. Martínez Fabián Constantino
Dr. Rendón Rendón Rosela de Jesús
Dr. Molina González María del Rosario
Dra. Gaxiola Sánchez María Teresa
Dra. Camargo Pacheco María de Jesús
Dr. Estrada Michel Rafael
Dr. Algara Márquez Guadalupe
How to enter this postgraduate course?
- Degree in Law.
- Full certificate of undergraduate studies with a minimum average of 80 points, or its equivalent.
- Application for admission to the program.
- Curriculum vitae, with supporting documents.
- Letter of Motives Exhibition. In which it exposes the reasons for which it is postulated to the program.
- Certificate of average of Degree (minimum 80 or its equivalent).
- Original birth certificate or certified copy.
- Three photos child size.
- A digitized photo.
- Copy of CURP.
- Copy of professional ID.
- Results of the EXANI-III exam, with a minimum of 900 points.
- Results of the TOEFL ITP test, with a minimum of 360 points.
- Interview with the Academic Committee of the Program.
Those interested in participating in the program must have:
- Law degree.
- Interest in the acquisition of theoretical, dogmatic and practical knowledge of accusatory and oral criminal procedural law.
- Interest in understanding the dynamics of the actions in each of the stages of the accusatory and oral criminal process.
- Disposition to develop thinking, communication and social skills to intervene effectively in the accusatory and oral criminal process.
- Provision for critical reading and ability to analyze the various sources of law.
- Ability to analyze cases, design and develop strategies for participation in criminal proceedings.
- Orientation to the protection of human rights and the observance of professional ethical principles.
- Show openness and willingness to change Ability to express their arguments orally and in writing. Assertive attitude, critical thinking, persuasive, willingness to study, willingness to promote knowledge and use of dispute resolution mechanisms, with high self-esteem and developed social skills.
What do you need to get the degree?
- To obtain a master's degree, you must:
- Approve the total credits and meet the other requirements established in the corresponding graduate program.
- Present TOEFL Test results, with a level of 460 points, as established by the study program.
- Pass the examination of grade in the written phase and in the oral phase before a jury named ex profeso.
- Comply with the provisions and requirements demanded by the School Services Office for the issuance of the degree.
The options for obtaining the Master / Master degree in accusatory and oral prosecution criminal law, are:
- Terminal work
- Case study
- General knowledge test
How much does it cost to study this postgraduate course?
Cost of the EXANI-III
The registration cost of applicants to enter the Universidad de Sonora is announced annually along with the first entry notice. Check this information for the last year: http://www.posder.uson.mx/
The registration cost of applicants to enter the Universidad de Sonora is announced annually along with the first entry notice.
Registration and tuition fees
In accordance with the provisions of the Fee Regulations, students, at the time of enrollment in any of the graduate programs, must cover the costs of registration and tuition, according to the minimum wage in force in the city of Hermosillo.
For the program, the infrastructure fee is: $ 12,000 each semester.
Dr. Jorge Pesqueira Leal
Building 9K University Campus Blvd. Transversal and Rosales. Hermosillo, Sonora.
Tel: 52 (662) 213.38.54
href = "http://www.posder.uson.mx/