Choice of students in the Master's program in Finnish and its Languages
The Master's Degree Program in Finnish and its Languages is intended for non-native speakers of Finnish and other Finno-Ugric languages who have completed their bachelor's degrees abroad or in Finland.
Admission to the Master's program is a BA-level degree, which combines basic and intermediate studies in Finno-Ugric or Finnish language and culture, either as a degree or as a separate course. In exceptional cases, students who have completed a BA degree and who have not completed the above studies in Finno-Ugric or Finnish language and culture may also be admitted to the program through a proficiency test.
The annual admission is 6-10. Previous studies and success are used as selection criteria.
Applications will be ranked:
- Study content,
- Number of studies and
- On the basis of academic success, linguistic and Finnish-language studies have priority.
The online application is available at opintopolku.fi. There you will also find more specific selection criteria. The application period is December 3, 2018 - Jan 31, 2018 (3:00 PM)
The application papers required for the application:
- Certificates of BA degree and completed studies in Finnish and its native languages, OR Certificate of the quality and time of the student's studies.
- A one-page motivation letter in Finnish, which tells you things like the following
- Why are you interested in Finnish and its languages?
- Why do you want to study for the Master's Degree Program in Finnish and its Languages?
- Why do you want to study at the University of Turku?
- In which area would you like to study most?
- One page description of completed theoretical linguistics studies. Don't tell about the courses you've taken, but say things like:
- Where have you studied linguistics?
- What have your linguistics studies been like?
- Which area of linguistics interests you most? Why?
- If you have completed a thesis in connection with your BA degree, you can also briefly describe your research topic
- Assessment form completed by the Finnish language teacher
© City of Turku and University of Turku Communications