Choice of students in the Master's program in Finnish and its Languages
The Master's Degree Program in Finnish and its Languages is intended for non-native speakers of Finnish and other Finno-Ugric languages who have completed their bachelor's degrees abroad or in Finland.
Admission to the Master's program is a BA-level degree, which combines basic and intermediate studies in Finno-Ugric or Finnish language and culture, either as a degree or as a separate course. In exceptional cases, students who have completed a BA degree and who have not completed the above studies in Finno-Ugric or Finnish language and culture may also be admitted to the program through a proficiency test.
The annual admission is 6-10. Previous studies and success are used as selection criteria.
Applications will be ranked:
- Study content,
- Number of studies and
- On the basis of academic success, linguistic and Finnish-language studies have priority.
The online application is available at opintopolku.fi. There you will also find more specific selection criteria. The application period is December 3, 2018 - Jan 31, 2018 (3:00 PM)
The application papers required for the application:
- Certificates of BA degree and completed studies in Finnish and its native languages, OR Certificate of the quality and time of the student's studies.
- A one-page motivation letter in Finnish, which tells you things like the following
- Why are you interested in Finnish and its languages?
- Why do you want to study for the Master's Degree Program in Finnish and its Languages?
- Why do you want to study at the University of Turku?
- In which area would you like to study most?
- One page description of completed theoretical linguistics studies. Don't tell about the courses you've taken, but say things like:
- Where have you studied linguistics?
- What have your linguistics studies been like?
- Which area of linguistics interests you most? Why?
- If you have completed a thesis in connection with your BA degree, you can also briefly describe your research topic
- Assessment form completed by the Finnish language teacher
© City of Turku and University of Turku Communications
About the School
The University of Turku (UTU) is an international research university located in Southwest Finland in the Student city of Turku. We are an active academic community of 25,000 students and employees wi ... Read More