The Interuniversity Master's Degree in Training of Teaching Staff of Compulsory Secondary Education and Baccalaureate, Professional Training and Language Teaching by the Universities of La Laguna and Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, qualifies for the exercise of professional activities, according to Order EDU / 3498/2011, of December 16, amending Order ECI / 3858/2007, of December 27, which establishes the requirements for the verification of the official university degrees that qualify for the exercise of the professions of Professor of Education Secondary Compulsory and Baccalaureate, Vocational Training and Language Teaching.
The Interuniversity Master in Training of Teaching Staff of Compulsory Secondary Education and Baccalaureate, Vocational Training and Teaching of Languages by the Universities of La Laguna and Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, qualifies for the exercise of the professions of Compulsory Secondary Education and Baccalaureate, Training Professional, Language, Artistic and Sports Teaching.
The Centers responsible for the teaching leading to the title are the Universities of La Laguna and Las Palmas de Gran Canaria through the respective Faculties of Education and Faculty of Teacher Training, being the University Coordinating University of La Laguna.
The Verification Report is presented after having considered the opportunity to reduce specialties that had had the lowest number of students from 2009 to the present time, as well as for the necessary adaptation of the same to the Order that regulates the Educational Orientation. We have also taken into account the institutional guidelines of both universities, a consequence of the self-assessment carried out each academic year, as well as the recommendations of the ANECA regarding this Master.
Entry and exit profile
It would be desirable that the future students of the University Master's Degree in Teacher Training in Compulsory Secondary Education, Baccalaureate, Vocational Training and Language Teaching, by the universities of La Laguna and Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, would have the following personal and academic characteristics:
- Interest in education in general.
- Comprehensive and precise vocabulary, ease of expression and good comprehension.
- Ease for social relations.
- Intuition and ability to observe.
- Sense of responsibility and interest in educational work.
- Ability to analyze and understand the behavior of others.
- Ability of abstraction and understanding.
- Interest and concern for social, artistic and cultural issues.
- Constancy, discipline and responsibility at work.
- Capacity for teamwork.
- Good predisposition for creativity.
- Verbal fluency, communication skills and relationship.
This Master qualifies and complies with the provisions of Organic Law 2/2006, of May 3, on Education (LOE), which requires, in order to teach at the levels and stages of secondary education, in addition to the degree of Licentiate, Engineer or Architect or equivalent degree degree, pedagogical and didactic training at postgraduate level.
The Master's aims are aimed at the acquisition by students of advanced training, specialized or multidisciplinary, oriented to academic or professional specialization, or to promote the initiation in research tasks, as established in Article 10.1 of the Royal Decree 1393/2007, of 29 October.
The general objective of this Master's Degree in Training of Teaching Staff of Compulsory Secondary Education and Baccalaureate, Professional Training and Language Teaching by the universities of La Laguna and Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, is to provide teachers of Secondary Education, Baccalaureate, Vocational Training and Teaching of Languages, Arts and Sports the pedagogical and didactic training necessary and compulsory for the exercise of the teaching profession according to the established in the Organic Law 2/2006 of Education and in the Order 3858/2007 of 2 of December.
- CB6 - knowledge and understanding that provide a basis or opportunity for originality in developing and / or applying ideas, often in a research context.
- CB7 - That the students can apply their knowledge and their ability to solve problems in new or unfamiliar environments within broader (or multidisciplinary) contexts related to their field of study.
- CB8 - That students are able to integrate knowledge and handle complexity, and formulate judgments based on information that was incomplete or limited, includes reflections on social and ethical responsibilities linked to the application of their knowledge and judgments.
- CB9 - That students can communicate their conclusions and the knowledge and rationale underpinning to specialists and non-specialists in a clear and unambiguous manner.
- CB10 - Students must possess the learning skills that enable them to continue studying in a way that will be largely self-directed or autonomous.
- G1 - Acquire the knowledge of the functions that characterize the teacher of Compulsory Secondary Education, Baccalaureate, Professional Training and Language Teaching.
- G2 - Be able to program, develop and evaluate the teaching-learning educational process linked to the level and context in which it is developed.
- G3 - To work in a coordinated way in the teaching task, in the tutorial action and in the participation of projects and learning.
- G4 - To develop attitudes of active participation in processes of improvement and innovation, as well as in the improved educational response to the diversity of students.
- G5 - Acquiring attitudes of personal formation and continuous updating and mastery of new competences.
- G6 - Acquire basic strategies related to initiation to innovation and educational research.
- CEOE1 - 1. Know the psychopedagogical characteristics of the students to be able to evaluate them and issue the reports that are required.
- CEOE2 - 2. Know the measures of attention to diversity that can be adopted to be able to make the necessary advice in each case.
- CEOE3 - 3. Analyze the organization and operation of the center to coordinate the guidance, personal, academic and professional students in collaboration with members of the school community.
- CEOE4 - 4. Develop the necessary skills and techniques to be able to adequately advise families about the development and learning process of their children.
- CEOE5 - 5. Identify the public services and community entities with which the center can collaborate and promote and plan, in collaboration with the management team, the necessary actions for a greater attention of the students.
- CE1 - To know the curricular contents of the subjects related to the corresponding teaching specialization, as well as the body of didactic knowledge around the respective teaching and learning processes and reelaborarlos in teachable and useful knowledge for the exercise of the regulated professions of Professor of Compulsory Secondary Education and Baccalaureate, Vocational Training and Language Teaching.
- CE2 - Demonstrate the ability to plan, develop and evaluate the teaching and learning process, enhancing educational processes that facilitate the acquisition of the respective competences of the respective teachings, attending to the previous level and training of the students, as well as their orientation, both individually as well as in collaboration with other teachers and
- professionals of the center.
- CE3 - Demonstrate that it is capable of searching, obtaining, processing and communicating information (oral, printed, audiovisual, digital or multimedia), transforming it into knowledge and applying it in the teaching and learning processes in the subjects of the specialization studied.
- CE4 - Demonstrate ability to materialize the curriculum to be implemented in a teaching center participating in the collective planning of the same and developing didactic methodologies both group and personalized, adapted to the diversity of students.
- CE5 - Develop spaces for learning with special attention to equity, emotional and values education, equality of rights and opportunities between men and women, citizen training and respect for human rights that facilitate social life, making and building a sustainable future.
- CE6 - Acquire strategies to stimulate the student's effort and promote their ability to learn for themselves and with others, and develop thinking and decision skills that facilitate personal autonomy, confidence and initiative.
- CE7 - Know the processes of interaction and communication in the classroom, master skills and teaching skills necessary to promote learning and coexistence in the classroom, and address problems of discipline and conflict resolution.
- CE8 - To develop formal and non-formal activities that contribute to make the center a place of participation and culture in the environment where it is located through the functions of tutoring and orientation of students in a collaborative and coordinated way, as well as participation in the evaluation, research and innovation of the processes of teaching and learning that take place in the educational centers.
- CE9 - To know the normative and institutional organization of the educational system and models of improvement of the quality with application to the schools of education.
- C910 - Analyze the historical characteristics of the teaching profession, its particular characteristics in the Canaries its current situation, perspectives and interrelation with the social reality of each epoch.
- CE11 - Inform and advise families about the teaching and learning process and about the personal, academic and professional orientation of their children.
Orientation and tutoring
The Interuniversity Master will assign a tutor to each student to serve as a point of reference and permanent orientation. The tutors in this master's degree will be the academic tutors of the specialty, so that students have, from the outset, the support and guidance of the person who will also guide them in the application phase of everything learned to the practice and in the Work of End of Master. The work within the project combines planned meetings with small groups of students (around 15), with scheduled personal interviews or student demand.
The tutoring plan is responsible for promoting the achievement of a series of fundamental objectives such as the integration and involvement of the student in the Center, in the Master and in mastering the work strategies and resources essential for success in their studies and support for the student to configure his own professional project.
The practices aim to bring students closer to the professional practice. For this they have a management structure that is specified in the Collaboration Agreement with the Ministry of Education of the Government of the Canary Islands that offers the educational centers necessary to carry out such practices. In addition, it facilitates the figure of the center coordinator, one tutor for each 2 or 3 students and of collaborating tutors who are involved in transmitting the structural and operational idiosyncrasy of the center. The University provides the academic tutor that will be coordinated with the leaders of the educational centers.
Regarding the contents of the practices, we highlight:
- Seminar preparation and follow-up consisting of classroom and virtual sessions of supervision of practices where each student shares with peers and supervisors (academic tutor) their practical experience. In the group sessions work and reflects on attitudes, values and relationship skills necessary for professional performance. The supervising faculty attends to any queries or doubts that may arise to the students in practices on the appropriate professional procedure. At all times, special reference will be made to the ethical values and norms that should guide the practice of every professional in education. These seminars will be sufficiently prepared by academic tutors so that aspects related to observation (first phase of practice) and intervention (second phase of practice) can be addressed, as well as clarifying doubts about evaluation criteria and contents of which the Report of Practices should be included.
- Inquiry and intervention practices. These activities will be supervised by the professional tutor who guides the learning of each student in coordination with the supervising teaching staff of the university (academic tutor). There will be a first phase of integration of the student in the Center, in order to familiarize him with the educational community and receive the first instructions related to the organization of the center, general programming, evaluation system, among others, and will plan together with the academic and professional tutor , the intervention phase.
- In the Evaluation (in-person sessions) all involved will participate. There will be self-assessment, evaluation by the professional tutor, the tutor tutor and the academic tutor.
It is an autonomous, individual work that must be related to the chosen specialty demonstrating the student who knows how to make a proposal for intervention, innovation or research in this field.
In the Work it will be evident that the competences proposed in the title have been reached and will be presented according to the format that the Center specifies.
It will have to be correctly drafted, with all the sections of a scientific report, including summary in a second language (English) or in the case of specific language specialties, in the language of your specialty.
The exhibition and defense before a court will be part of the demonstration of maturity and acquisition of competences.
This school offers programs in: