The Master's Degree in Statistics Techniques Is organized by the three Galician universities and is taught face-to-face in the Faculties of Computer Science (A Coruña), Mathematics (Santiago de Compostela) and Economics and Business Sciences (Vigo). A videoconference system allows attendance to all classes from a single Faculty. It lasts for a year and a half.
This master's degree, started in 2007, comes from an Official Postgraduate Program with Quality Mention in his studies leading to the title of doctor. Its training objectives are equivalent to those of the best proposals of our European environment.
Why study the degree
- Statistics studies are considered today as one of those with better expectations for the future. This is justified by the growing need for many companies and public institutions to extract information from enormous amounts of data, for which it is essential to use statistical techniques.
- It is the only master in the Autonomous Community of Galicia oriented to the studies of Statistics and Operative Research.
- It is the natural way to access the Doctoral Program in Statistics and Operational Research, which is distinguished by the Mention for Excellence by the Ministry of Education. This program is the only one in the Autonomous Community of Galicia specific to Statistics and Operational Research.
What is learned
Advanced Methodology related to Statistics and Operational Research, along with its practical applications.
In terms of Statistics, the methodology revolves, in general, around the statistical Inference: obtaining reliable information relative to a population under study from the observation of a sample of it.
In the Operational Research area, it is important to use mathematical tools to find the best solution to a problem (satisfying a series of constraints), as well as the study of conflicts (decision problems in which several agents interact) and the proposal Of solutions. The knowledge acquired will allow a critical and rigorous analysis of the results obtained in practical applications.
Structure of the Study
- Probability Models
- Applied Statistics
- Regression Models
- Exploratory Data Analysis
- Linear and Integer Programming
- Stochastic processes
- Non-Parametric Statistics
- Time Series
- Design and analysis of experiments
- Statistical Simulation
- Multivariate Analysis
- Space Statistics
- Reliability and Biometric Models
Operational Research A
- Networks and Planning
- Introduction to Game Theory
- Colas and Inventories
- Theory of Probability
- Mathematical Statistics
- Financial engineering
- Statistical quality control
- Resampling Techniques
- Specification Contrasts
- Functional Data
Operational Research B
- Interactive Models of Operational Research
- Cooperative Games
- Mathematical Programming
- Master's End Work
Professional and academic outputs
Possibility of being employed as statistician in:
- Companies in the financial sector.
- Companies in the field of health.
- Social research companies.
- Research and development (R & D) laboratories.
- Many other professional activities.
- In the academic field, university teaching.
- Students who wish to obtain advanced training in Statistics and Operational Research, both in the theoretical and applied aspects (academic orientation).
- Students whose objective is research in the field of Statistics and Operational Research, possibly aimed at the development of a PhD thesis (research orientation).
- Staff from various disciplines who need training in the application of Statistics and Operational Research methods that are valuable in professional practice or in activities that require research. This applies to multiple sectors: bio-sanitation, finance, engineering, etc. (career guidance).
Common access requirements
University graduates who demonstrate basic knowledge in Mathematics and Statistics. Order of preference of the degrees:
- University degrees in Statistics and Mathematics.
- If they remain vacant, of the rest of the degrees will be especially valued the subjects of the file with contents of Statistics or Mathematics.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 23, 2017