The Center for Social Sciences and Humanities presents the curriculum of the Master's Degree in Social and Humanistic Research, with a focus on the training of researchers, to offer a quality, transdisciplinary and flexible postgraduate option. This curriculum derives not only from the needs detected in society, but also takes into account the research lines currently being developed by the Academic Bodies at our Center and which are also offered in the Doctorate of Social Sciences and Humanities.
The student will have a thesis tutor named from the first semester who will ensure a personalized attention that will guide him to organize, plan and develop his protocol, besides giving him the possibility to develop his skills and generate his own needs to face the problematic of his line of research and will develop in the research seminars, while in the last two semesters he will also participate in colloquiums where he will present the advances of his thesis and expose them to criticism and feedback. The student, together with his tutor, will be able to select optional subjects from the set of subjects that each line of the program offers to complement his training in the chosen line. The tutor may also recommend the mobility and conduct of research stays at the national level and of international preference for curricular courses and research activities that contribute to the quality of research conducted by the student. It should be noted that the electives that are described in the curricular structure derived from the LGAC are enunciative and not limiting.
The Masters offers the following lines of knowledge generation and application:
- Sociocultural and communication studies.
- Social and cultural history.
- Rationality, language and political philosophy
Train scientists in areas of Social Sciences and Humanities to generate and disseminate knowledge through the design and development of relevant research projects linked to the social environment from an interdisciplinary perspective to assist in understanding and / or solving associated problems to these fields of study.
- To offer a solid training that allows to have competent investigators in a thematic field of the Social Sciences and the Humanities.
- Prepare in theoretical-methodological aspects to design rigorous research projects that meet public, private and social needs.
- Propose from an interdisciplinary perspective the identification, understanding and resolution of current and emerging problems of society.
Graduates of the Master's Degree in Social and Humanistic Research must have knowledge of the following:
- Genealogies and main theories of the Social Sciences and Humanities.
- Nature and activities of the research in the areas of the program.
- Comprehensive and critical perspective on the theoretical-methodological models needed to develop research in the areas of Social Sciences and Humanities.
- Recognize viable and relevant research themes for the social context.
- Design and develop interdisciplinary research projects.
- Develop systematic, rigorous and quality research.
- Identify methodologies appropriate to the requirements of the research topics and problems.
- Design, apply and evaluate various methodologies of research in the treatment of social or humanistic issues.
- Perform diagnostics as terminal producers or as inputs for research.
- Elaborate texts and academic products derived from the research work.
- Critical reflection on the social problematic.
- Sensitivity to the complexity of current social and humanistic reality.
- Dialogue and interdisciplinary work.
- Scientific rigor.
- Openness and innovation in the field of research.
- Respect for disciplinary diversity.
- Tolerance to postures other than one's own.
- Commitment to social problems.
- Intellectual honesty.
It is ideal that all students who enter the Master's Degree in Social and Humanistic Research continue the program until the end, but only those who comply with the academic and administrative aspects of institutional regulation may remain.
Likewise, it is essential that the students participate in the activities scheduled for each of the compulsory subjects, as well as the credits required in the optional spaces and other learning actions in support of the thesis preparation.
In particular, the dedication and work of the student to demonstrate significant advances in the research seminars will be determinant in the continuity of the training, since the reprobation in some of them will mean the automatic lowering, independently of the evaluations obtained in the rest of subjects.
All subjects must be accredited in an ordinary or extraordinary period in a single opportunity and obtain a minimum semester average of 8.0 (eight), except research seminars, for which extraordinary evaluations can not be requested.
A final requirement of permanence in the program will be the accreditation of the language, in case the accepted students have not submitted the requested certification with the necessary score, who will have a term of one year after the entrance to cover this requirement.
Requirements for obtaining a degree
In order for the students to receive the Master's degree in Social and Humanistic Research awarded by the Autonomous University of Aguascalientes, they must comply with the following:
- To accredit all subjects and academic activities indicated in the curriculum and obtain a general average of at least 8.0.
- Elaborate and send at least one research article derived from his thesis to a publication arbitrated or indexed nationally or internationally. This product must have the approval of the tutor, or even can be in coauthor with whom supported in the direction of the thesis.
- Present and defend the work of thesis in a public examination of degree and approve it in time and form established in the Manual of guidelines and procedures of Postgraduate for the elaboration of thesis or practical work, and according to the General Regulation of Teaching of the UAA.
About the School
La Universidad Autónoma de Aguascalientes se ha consolidado como la Máxima Casa de Estudios del estado y se proyecta a nivel nacional e internacional, por su calidad académica, incremento en la oferta ... Read More