Master in Philosophy: Human Condition and Transcendence
In the complex world in which we live, increasingly diverse and opposed to the question of the meaning answers sometimes arise. We believe it is urgent to analyze the truth of what they are believed and investigate what is the basis of human dignity. This Master the challenge of thinking humanity in a radical way with its lights and shadows, trying to critically analyze what answers can be given to the various crises of meaning of which we are contemporaries is proposed. To do this, explore the great potential of philosophical anthropology, ethics, aesthetics, phenomenology of religion, philosophy of science and language and metaphysics contribute to the development of a renewed understanding and deep of the human condition and the possibilities of its openness to transcendence.
The recommended entry profile is that of a person interested in acquiring advanced knowledge about the process of research in philosophy, especially on issues related to the possibility of opening of the human condition to transcendence. It should be already graduated or licensed. It should preferably be a graduate or graduate in Philosophy, Theology, History, Humanities, Philology, Literature, Sociology or Psychology.
Being in possession of a Spanish official university degree or another issued by a local institution of higher education in the European Higher Education Area entitling for access to the teachings of the master.
Or hold a Bachelor's degree, architect or engineer under the previous one established in the RD 1393/2007 university system. Should Diploma, Technical Architect or Technical Engineer will be, it may require additional training prior, based on competencies and learning outcomes own Degree in Philosophy.
- CG 01 - Apply the knowledge acquired to solve problems in new or unfamiliar related to the subject studied environments.
- CG 02 - Being able to integrate complex knowledge and face the difficulty of making judgments that include personal reflections on social and ethical responsibilities linked to the application of philosophical theories studied.
- CG 03 - Knowing how to communicate one's knowledge, and the latest findings underlying principles of a clear and unambiguous manner.
- CG 04 - Possess learning skills and in-depth research to enable further learning autonomously after graduation.
- CG 05 - Being able to search, collect, and process specific bibliographic information to transform it into scientific knowledge and apply knowledge critically and creatively to philosophical inquiry.
- CG 06 - Being able to understand and establish the objectives of an investigation.
- CG 07 - Know and manage information and communications technology to access documentary sources and bibliographic resources and share research results.
- CG 08 - Interpret and critically judge the storylines of philosophical texts.
- EC 01 - Synthesize and critically address the ontological, epistemological, and ethical currents of thought studied in the History of Philosophy keys.
- EC 02 - Integrate and apply different methods and philosophical systems studied contemporary analysis of the human condition and its openness to transcendence.
- EC 03 - Define, compare and criticize the contribution to the reflection on the human condition of the various religious and cultural traditions analyzed.
- EC 04 - Interpret and justify the importance of artistic and literary traditions in which the openness to transcendence as a feature of the human condition is expressed.
- EC 05 - Contrasting and critically analyze scientific advances, interpreting how they influence the theological and philosophical conception of the human condition.
- EC 06 - Define and justify proposals to give dialogue to science and religion in what refers to the different conceptions of the human condition proposed by them.
Objectives and Methodology
This is to train students in the fundamental issues of philosophical reflection on the human condition, transcendence and the search for meaning (to the very existence, society, nature and history) by the method of analyzing critically the most significant concepts that fit over all and which testify not only the philosophical literature itself, but also the religious and the arts all. Thus, students should be trained to develop original developments and then applied a comprehensive and coherent way new and interdisciplinary contexts.
Seminars and personal tutorials.
The University as an institution of the Catholic Church provides its service to society, provides scholarships and aid in various forms to students, to contribute to the costs of education and promoting equal opportunities according to the individualized needs of each student . These grants are financed with own funds and with contributions from the University Comillas-ICAI Foundation Helps Fund Ecclesiastical and non-autonomous foundation for studies of aspirants to the priesthood and other entities and individuals.
University students enjoy the same benefits as other university Spaniards in matters of student insurance, government grants and other scholarships.
Outputs Professional and Academic
Students who perform these studies Master, acquire the necessary skills so that, from different professional fields (teaching, publishing, cultural management, journalism, intercultural dialogue ...), the challenge of thinking humanity in a radical way arising with its lights and shadows, trying to analyze critically what answers can be given to the various crises of meaning in the world in which we live.
Currently in Spain a Master thus covering the contents included herein is not offered. The profile of other postgraduate studies is either practical (focusing on the areas of Ethics and Politics), or theoretical, focused on the theory of historical knowledge (analytical philosophy, logic, argumentation theory ...), or (Philosophy History, Spanish thinking ...). In the Master they are intended to combine these perspectives and enable students to develop an original and responsible research in this regard, with new and interdisciplinary approaches, committed to social and labor context and capable of being developed and applied in situations that pose new problems .
About the School
After a century of university experience, at Universidad Pontificia Comillas ICAI-ICADE we are keenly aware that a great many things have changed since the university was founded. Spanish universities ... Read More